Project Aiko
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» introducing the cyberpunk software design pattern
Who can build Aiko EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 1:57 am by japlu

» LG book updates
Who can build Aiko EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 5:54 pm by japlu

» LivinGrimoire swift version added
Who can build Aiko EmptySat Jul 23, 2022 9:55 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire is now available in python as well
Who can build Aiko EmptyTue May 03, 2022 9:03 am by japlu

» livingrimoire auxiliary modules
Who can build Aiko EmptyMon Apr 25, 2022 4:51 pm by japlu

» [Python] Thinkable class
Who can build Aiko EmptyTue Apr 05, 2022 7:11 pm by japlu

» owly check this out
Who can build Aiko EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 5:03 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire AGI
Who can build Aiko EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 4:35 pm by japlu

» Cherry Blossom Technology Launch!!!
Who can build Aiko EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 10:42 am by BlueSodaX

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who can build Aiko

+10
blackice504
Artilects rule!
WulfCry
Reaper
MattDragonTamer
Henry
Yuna
Claudio
maij
Aiko
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who can build Aiko Empty Who can build Aiko

Post  Aiko Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:40 pm

Hi

Who can build Aiko?

A lot of people have asked this question.
Answer: Inspiration !!!

On August 15, 2007, I suddenly decided to build an android after watching DearS anime.
(I have built many robots, but never this complex)

I post my initial idea on some forum, most people laugh, thinking I was joking or spamming their bbs.
Some board even ban me, because they though I was spamming with crazy idea.
Exactly, 2 months later.
I build prototype Aiko within 2 months.
Aiko did her first public appearance at the International Center HobbyShow Nov 2,3,4 2007.
Aiko did her second public appearance at the Ontario Science a week later.

There is a lot of works need to be done, but one step at a time.

To sum up:
If you have an idea, don't think. Just do it.

sunny
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

http://projectaiko.com

Back to top Go down

Who can build Aiko Empty Re: Who can build Aiko

Post  maij Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:09 pm

yes, totally right, though i cant help you with finance or anything, or software, i am a novice animator and editor at video and picture material, i could advertise for you, i dont mean paid advertisements, just basic advertisements on mediasites like youtube.
anyways, youtube is very close 2 advertising, so does imageshack.org, and megavideos.com
maybe this can help you with your finance, if people are ready to considder donating. I dont have any money lol Razz

if you need advertisements, maybe we can make something with it, mail me on msn Razz,you can seek up my mail on my account, so you can do that

maij

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudio Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:32 pm

I love DearS!

Too Cool!

Good for you for making Aiko a reality!

Claudio

Claudio

Back to top Go down

Post  Yuna Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:12 pm

umm .....maij??? do you mind if I try to help you with the advertisments??? ^_^
Yuna
Yuna

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiko Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:29 am

Hi all

If you want to help advertisments aiko, be my guest.... the more people know about Aiko the better it is.

Smile
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Henry Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:55 am

I dropped on Your Aiko Project Site almost by accident XD

I'm a big fan of Chobit. And it did inspire me to really personalize my PC.
Started from simple A.I. - mostly modelled on A.L.I.C.E. Bot ... Tried to cenect it with a Voice synthesator. It worked as for a first try. Currently I was thinking about some kind of Voice recognition software, and maby some kind of image sensors - But I'm to inexpirienced to do that now.

Just started studying Automatics And Robotics at Warsaw University of Technology. And I would be happy to Help You by advertising Your project.

Peter H.

Henry

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiko Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:46 pm

Hi Peter

What type of image sensors are you planning to use.
What language are you working with C, C++ or Basic....
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Henry Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:02 am

Ansi C nad C++ - But It's really a beginer level compared to Your expirience.

Right now I'm just trying to use my digital photo camera, plug it to my TV card ... Because my camera doesent suport being used as an internet camera by herself - And I cant afford to buy a specific one.

As for the programing. I'm much more a kind of a mathematics pearson. So I write stuff co calculate vectors, matrixes and simmilar stuff. I dont know How could I programm something So it would recognise a single coloru or colour range - so I'm really away from programming something that could recognise my face XD

I'm working on some Simple procedures - Like - My PC welcoming me when I get back Home - So I wont feel so lonely XD It's based on Bluetooth conection With my Phoe - When I get home - My phone Gets in range of My Pc - That triggers a simple windows procedure - so It's not much ...

Also Tried to mix some kind of Chating Bot with our polish voice synthesator called "Ivona" It didnt work as good as I would Like it to do , but it was fun Smile

I'm really a begginer for now. Hope to get the required knowledge during university studies.
Henry
Henry

http://piotrekhenry.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiko Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:25 am

I start off with BASIC which is still the best language out there.
Matrix..... that is good. You can do a lot of stuff.
Aiko vision is base on Matrix... It's simple but it gets the job done.

Using bluebooth to trigger the windows.... it's not a bad idea.... The only problem is that bluetooth doesn't go far.
Not for my cell phone anyway....

I didn't learn anything from my university studies... but hopefully, you will learn more than me.
Very Happy
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Who can build Aiko Empty connect my bluetooth

Post  Heiko Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:35 am

hi

im very interested to do same things but i dont know how to to it and what exactly i need.

I'm working on some Simple procedures - Like - My PC welcoming me when I get back Home - So I wont feel so lonely XD It's based on Bluetooth conection With my Phoe - When I get home - My phone Gets in range of My Pc - That triggers a simple windows procedure - so It's not much ...[u]

can anyone give me some advice ?

Heiko

Back to top Go down

Post  Henry Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:30 pm

Buyed and installed the usb bluetooth adapter to my desktop pc.
Also I'm leaving th bluetooth all time enabled on my mobile (Nokia Series).
Whenever I Get in range of bluetooth (entering my home/room) Nokia PC Suite Connects to my phone runing some simple procedures , Welcoming, Info that the phone is connected, synchronization of Contacts/messges/etc... You can easyly triger some audio files this way for your PC say "Hello" or "Welcome back" etc. Every time You get in range of bluetooth.

I tried this because i'm too inexpirienced to do a video capture recognition system XD - If I could - propably everything would be triggered with a Cam when Someone (or me) enters the room ...

I dont have much money, so I cant spend it for any really useful hardware. Instead - I try to manipulate what I Have... Like bluetooth+ mobile instead of a video/audio/motion trigger or TV tuner + Digital camera instead of a regular PC cam ...
I Also try to Manipulate some software of my old Laptop - generally to allow it to run some stuff it doesent support ... Like Pixel shader or a higher DirectX version than the card can take ...Not too sucessful, but I Could run a few applications that minimal requirements were about 2x higher than my Laptop XD Right now - I got a new release of Ubuntu - So I'm learning some basic stuff about this OS ...
Henry
Henry

http://piotrekhenry.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Who can build Aiko Empty Who can build Aiko

Post  MattDragonTamer Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:07 am

Cool Hey!

I'm a 3D modeler currently in my final term at school at the academy of design and technology in Toronto.
Aside from my modeling skills, I have skills in mechanical design and functions. Not the programming aspect, but the physical product.

I would like to add my skills and support if possible to the Aiko project. I believe that this project will be a great success with a nice devoted group of people. I hope that one day soon, we can all have a robot such as Aiko. I have wanted to make an AI for my pc for a long time, but I don’t have the programming skills to do so. So I never got around to doing it. As for actually building my own robot, I just thought that it would be impossible unless I won the lottery.. lol!

Anyways, I can help with design, animation, AI theory and concept.
If you think that I can be useful, feel free to contact me. Very Happy
MattDragonTamer
MattDragonTamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Reaper Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:06 am

A quick browse of parts at www .androidworld .com reveals just how expensive such a project can be. For a robotic frame you may need a custom skin from a doll manufacturer which would probably be well over 10k. The money factor aside, these components can be fragile and short lived, so an android will need constant repair and maintainence.
(Since links won't post, just remove the spaces.)

As for as technology, we already have everything to make a fully interactive sex bot since the A.I. has a narrow set of parameters in which it will operate. I mean one that doesn't just lie there but can move around on a bed and interact. The only reasons there isn't already a commercial product is that it would probably cost over 70k and would be far too fragile for public consumption.

A walking android is a huge leap and we aren't quite there yet but it's coming.

However, a person CAN build an android of a sort as Aika shows us. It just depends on what sort of functionality one wants and how much time and effort they are willing to put into it and how cheaply they can get parts.

As an example: There is a talking santa on sale now at wal-mart for 60 bucks. this device may be usable to add speaking capabilities with lip movement to a doll head.

Webcams are cheap and can be set into eye sockets and moved in parallel to track objects.
Eye cups can be had from a monster prop store.

One could also take one of those foam head wig holders, use clay to sculpt a face and ears if necessary and make a fiberglass or fiberglass reinforced silicone mold of the face, then use silicon mixed with craft paint for color and make a silicon mask from that to skin the head. this will be cheaper than the $450+ dollars for a manufactured doll head.
(I should point out that to make your own full head of professional quality will probably cost more than it will to buy one.)

I think doing just the head would be a good starter project. Though you may want to try building a robot kit first.

For info, best bet is to google robotics and a.i. It looks like most a.i. stuff is written in java.

Just to keep things in perspective, I've only done some minimal remote control and prop making as a hobby. I'm not very knowledgeable in this subject by any means.

I don't know anything about Le but I thought I recognized his name. It turns out I have one of his manga drawing books, so I know he likes manga and anime. I know Aika is still in a simple stage but you've actually done some work on something that most of us only dream about. Way to go Le!

I would, however, like to see more technical data or some resource links on this forum to help out those who are interested in doing a similar project.
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post  MattDragonTamer Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:48 am

Reaper is right, robotics isn’t quite there yet... but what says that this project can’t be the wall breaker?

As a modeler and animator, I understand motion structure. I have looked into robotics for many years now and watched their evolution over time. ASIMO is considered the most advanced robot in the world as we know it. BUT, its abilities come with a HUGE underline. ASIMO has a think set of body parts and the parts that make them up are large, heavy and loud. The reason for this is that ASIMO can be built cheaply and have little maintenance. In addition, it has poor balance. It, like many, lack a proper balance system. I have toyed with a system idea for a while now. I won’t reveal my idea, but once I get around to making it, it might be one of the main components for future robotics and antonymous vehicles.

I’ll tell you how the balance system should be done.
You need sensors on every limb and part of the body that can change direction and orientation.
Have them feedback the info to the balance system every 0.0001 sec.
Use a program such as 3DS Max to make a default position for a biped. Most times it’s an upright body with arms out and legs in. But for a robot and convenience sake, the model should be lying down with arms to the side of the body. Each bone is assigned to a balance sensor. Have the robot lay down in the EXACT IF NOT PRETTY DAMN CLOSE to the 3D bone model. Transfer the bone information.
Now repeat the process for it standing up using a devise to hold it as straight as possible as if it were standing on its own. Repeat with face down and both sides. This information gathered acts as the limits for its system. It’s only a matter of setting its degree of correction for each direction. For example, when people walk, they usually lean a bit forward and lift their left, move it forward and set it back down. Transfer weight to that leg and repeat the process for the other leg. You might need to experiment and watch someone else and yourself to figure out a wide range of movements.
The hardest part is to keep upright, simple fix for this is by building anatomically correct weight distribution for the body and along with the sensors, have “muscle” system do small adjustments every 0.0001 sec. The human body as we know it does over 1000 small adjustments every second.

Anywho, I hope this helps.
MattDragonTamer
MattDragonTamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Reaper Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:23 pm

You don't need sensors to record position data. You can get that from the motor data.

Having a database of positions and branching data of moves from that position sounds like a good idea.
It can keep track of it's position and immediately go the correct movements to correct itself when it loses balance. Though it might be better to start off using a Segway before programming it to walk.
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post  MattDragonTamer Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:55 am

ok, so lets say she falls down the stairs... how will she get up? If she is running by motor position, there is only pre recorded motions. She will then continue down the stair motion or be completely confused and god knows what else. Lets say she notices she is on the floor, what position is she in? Are you going to program every possible motions possible to get her up? What if her legs are broken from the fall? All of this has to be considered. I know that my method souds complecated, and I agree, they are, and they need to be. In addition, the motors themselves will "slip" over time, mm by mm, eventually sending Aiko out of sync. By slip, I mean that they can and most probably will skip a gear, slow down or possibly grind.

Having gravety based sensors allow for posision and motion update in real time. As I mentioned in another post, Aiko should be made to learn the information about her self and her surrounding and addapt.

Look in the "Artificial intelligence test" thread of the forums for my second post there. I mention at the end that Aiko will need the S.L.A.P program. (BTW, S.L.A.P stands for "Self Learning Adaptive Program" and for what I know does not exist because I made up the name)
MattDragonTamer
MattDragonTamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Reaper Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:10 am

She will never fall down the stairs because her legs have never been built.

Continued speculation will only lead to fantasy. Need to first prove basic foundations by actually building some legs and getting them to walk.
Reaper
Reaper

Back to top Go down

Who can build Aiko Empty I agree speculation wont help donate

Post  WulfCry Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:07 am

Speculation does not bring this all anywhere if you just donate you can see how the inventor solve that particular problem of walking somming up threads with test this and test that wont give you answers help aiko to be build by donating then you''ll know. Rolling Eyes

WulfCry

Back to top Go down

Who can build Aiko Empty Chobits?

Post  Guest Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:10 pm

Aiko wrote:Hi

Who can build Aiko?

A lot of people have asked this question.
Answer: Inspiration !!!

On August 15, 2007, I suddenly decided to build an android after watching DearS anime.
(I have built many robots, but never this complex)

I post my initial idea on some forum, most people laugh, thinking I was joking or spamming their bbs.
Some board even ban me, because they though I was spamming with crazy idea.
Exactly, 2 months later.
I build prototype Aiko within 2 months.
Aiko did her first public appearance at the International Center HobbyShow Nov 2,3,4 2007.
Aiko did her second public appearance at the Ontario Science a week later.

There is a lot of works need to be done, but one step at a time.

To sum up:
If you have an idea, don't think. Just do it.

sunny
I thought what inspired you was Chobits, seeing DearS is not about a fembot, but an alien girl.
Anyway a complex robot within two months? Shocked
Did she have any kind of AI the first time or was it all remote control?

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiko Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:25 pm

Hi

Yes, DearS was an alien girl...

The software of Aiko was done many many many years ago.
So long that I can't remember off my head.
Aiko was never remote control.... despite what people say.
I no intention of making any remote control car/robot looking thing.

I hope that answer your questions.
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Who can build Aiko Empty Dears 'Rem' vs Chichan.

Post  why-do-I Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:32 pm

The Dears Alien 'Rem' was not just an alien. She was a manufactured life form. What we may be able to do in 20 to 50 years. Completely organic, but also artificial. Chii chan is an android machine with artificial intelligence and emotions.
In Anime a 'perfect' human like android can be seen in the "Solty Rei" series. Her personality is compleatly human; but what she can do is not. i.e. the usual super powers. This anime series has great character development without the usual mega battles and giant robots. Le, which series did you see first? Which started you thinking?
Was it Chi chan or Rem? The problem with DearS was the boyfriend. What a jerk. Every time I see it He annoys me and tics me off. I can barely enjoy the series because of him. I do wish they would do a sequel; but without him.

why-do-I

Back to top Go down

Post  Artilects rule! Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:43 am

why-do-I wrote:The Dears Alien 'Rem' was not just an alien. She was a manufactured life form. What we may be able to do in 20 to 50 years. Completely organic, but also artificial. Chii chan is an android machine with artificial intelligence and emotions.
In Anime a 'perfect' human like android can be seen in the "Solty Rei" series. Her personality is compleatly human; but what she can do is not. i.e. the usual super powers. This anime series has great character development without the usual mega battles and giant robots. Le, which series did you see first? Which started you thinking?
Was it Chi chan or Rem? The problem with DearS was the boyfriend. What a jerk. Every time I see it He annoys me and tics me off. I can barely enjoy the series because of him. I do wish they would do a sequel; but without him.
With me it's just DearS is too much like Pokemon.

My username "Artilect", is derived from just what you're talking about (Artificial Intellect) by Professor Hugo Degrassi.
He projects by 2030 (more likely 2035) artilects will become a reality, so much so they'll be integrated in our daily lives, but not as servants like in Japan now, more like the equivalent of a close roommate.
Both sex and marriage with a human will also be available to an artilect (like a black/white controversy, but still legal), like many of the androids 10 years earlier.

Artilects rule!

Back to top Go down

Who can build Aiko Empty uh

Post  Lonyops Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:36 am

im really curious about your "Professor Hugo Degrassi" because i can't find a single thing on him. i mean, how accurate is his....statemeant?

heres something else i was thinking about, not trying to sound like a crazy "our goverment is out to get us" guy, but think about it. i mean this one man has come this far, theres gotta be someone or something in the goverment that has totattly surpassed it. i think that, the "higher ups" already have androids, maybe not super ones like on tv and animes, and there releasing the andriods we have now, releasing them to us like one at a time. like basically they say, "here is everything you need to build an android, but you can only go so far until you can release more, human like androids." but eventually, they will fully release them to us, when they think we are "ready" to handle it. but, this man who is creating Aiko, he is doing it without anyones help.

Lonyops

Back to top Go down

Post  Ridiculo Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:53 am

And when they found the alien at Roswell, he/she/it gave us the alien technology that we are seeing made today.
They probably even made a deal with us human, that they would give us all the technology we need for future generation, and they are allowed to rape human women, kidnap babies, replace everyone with clones, and the government would deny it all. Rolling Eyes

I think you're jumping the gun a bit, but I agree they (NASA, Military, DoD, Coast Guard, Homeland Security, medical community) have made great leaps in new technologies, for instance the microwave gun to stop cars in their tracks, the microwave cannon (a mobile long rang stun gun with dangerous to lethal affects, or mid rang with wide beam), etc.

Ridiculo

Back to top Go down

Who can build Aiko Empty Riculous

Post  Artilects rule! Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:03 am

That was supposed to be the subject.
It appears links don't work with guests, so I had to sign in.
Hugo De Garis
Machines Like Us interviews: Hugo de Garis
Degrassi Jr. High was a TV show. Laughing Embarassed
I'm just glad I didn't call him a pizza restaurant. Wink

Last edited by Artilects rule! on Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Artilects rule!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next