Project Aiko
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» introducing the cyberpunk software design pattern
Who can build Aiko - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 1:57 am by japlu

» LG book updates
Who can build Aiko - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 5:54 pm by japlu

» LivinGrimoire swift version added
Who can build Aiko - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2022 9:55 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire is now available in python as well
Who can build Aiko - Page 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2022 9:03 am by japlu

» livingrimoire auxiliary modules
Who can build Aiko - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2022 4:51 pm by japlu

» [Python] Thinkable class
Who can build Aiko - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2022 7:11 pm by japlu

» owly check this out
Who can build Aiko - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 5:03 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire AGI
Who can build Aiko - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 4:35 pm by japlu

» Cherry Blossom Technology Launch!!!
Who can build Aiko - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 10:42 am by BlueSodaX

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who can build Aiko

+10
blackice504
Artilects rule!
WulfCry
Reaper
MattDragonTamer
Henry
Yuna
Claudio
maij
Aiko
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who can build Aiko - Page 2 Empty Re: Who can build Aiko

Post  WulfCry Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:41 am

Not to forget that on this moment billions are spend to build artificial thinking machine,
Even the company building the Roomba vacuum robot got 300 million for an application
I mean come on I dont expect advancement in there to realize the promise of androids
in our community, And no one wants to be stuck with an ugly looking android just because
the industry said so.

A.i has to be beautiful and elegant we have the right to change that view and show the
world machines work for us in more ways then we ever though of just as a car is functional
it does not mean it can be beautiful to drive or looking at.

The future is when projects as Aiko becomes the Porsch , Aston Martin or Ferrari of Androids.

WulfCry

Back to top Go down

Who can build Aiko - Page 2 Empty who can build a robot ?

Post  ssmth@co Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:21 am

Building a robot nowadays, is a matter of technology, having the robot react as a human being, has more to do with singularities. Her model is already here.
Basically, what you have to do, is raising a child, with a minor case of autism..The robot is already quite sensitive, in my opinion.It's just a matter of : How far do you want to take her?She might even indicate this herself, at some point.Trung Le, is further than he thinks he is.Respectfully,,from the mouth of another robot.

ssmth@co

Back to top Go down

Post  WulfCry Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:11 am

ssmth@co wrote:Building a robot nowadays, is a matter of technology, having the robot react as a human being, has more to do with singularities. Her model is already here.
Basically, what you have to do, is raising a child, with a minor case of autism..The robot is already quite sensitive, in my opinion.It's just a matter of : How far do you want to take her?She might even indicate this herself, at some point.Trung Le, is further than he thinks he is.Respectfully,,from the mouth of another robot.

Its true that technology certainly plays a role.,
But a specifiic insight in matters is the key ,
to solve some of the problems that is troublesome for robotic.

Any claim nowadays is a piece of an jiggsaw puzzle, Who did what and how
some solved the walking , some solved object ambiguity , some solved vision,
These are examples to some of the focus point from engineers.

We also allow ourself to say we teach an assembly of technology to an infant stage,
A child mere to speak because a child learns through stages in live. Is that correct
you have to ask yourself if so the machine would have an advantage over human beings.
For autist having a advantage to an disadvantige not be able to socialize.

In my oppinion I think the programming an android mind could be describe at is service intelligence
because the neural network which is an model to various learning models can use those service intelligence
application like voice or vision recognition even walking , waving or smiling to learn ambiguity to any problem .

the more of those service intelligence application you at the more knowledge the robot gets.
the better it learns to improve its results to any ambiguity.

WulfCry

Back to top Go down

Who can build Aiko - Page 2 Empty Aiko

Post  blackice504 Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:31 pm

some of you do not know who Le Trung is well google his name you will find many things if anyone can pull this off i would say it is LE and its very Sad that he is doing this on his own its up to us to help where we can give the website link to any person that like's the idea of Robot's or a Sci-Fi Fan i am not Rich eather and Project Aiko well i not even want to think of the amount of money spent already not to mention how much she is worth i would have to say even at her stage now should would be already PRICELESS oh at the INTEL Museum the Robot that is there bolted to the DESK Le Trung built that i know i do not have the brains to build a robot but i do have go idea's on how or if i see a problem with something i can think of ways of solving it yes people i am a I.T problem solver i am more of a Hardware person then anything else i do not have high degree's in well anything much i am self learning i learn better from my self yes people i know my english is crap but anyway i think this project will be the Ground Breaker and i want to live in a world with Robot's no offence people but in some ways robot's would be better or computers are often better then people and i really do not care that people lol at me because i take care of my computer and she has a bday and a name but i must be doing something right because no error's no reinstall of windows ( yes that was a challenge in it self sorry bill Gates )
i guess what i am saying is everyone could help in some small way who knows this could be making history right now.

Le Trung i sent a personal message too but i think everyone may know this Phrase.

When aiko is off doe's she Dream?. i hope that one day she would say Yes i know that is near imposible but so was going to the moon but it was only done because enough people believed.

blackice504

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiko Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:25 am

Hmm...

Can the BRAINS software simulation DREAM...... logically, I don't think it is possible.
Not sure if any company or research company is doing it, but I don't see how it will happen
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

http://projectaiko.com

Back to top Go down

Who can build Aiko - Page 2 Empty Dreams

Post  Discoman Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:45 pm

wouldn't she require full intelligence to begin dreaming? i don't mean computer intelligence, ultra logical intelligence, where if this happens, then do this. i mean as in more of a consciousness. if she becomes AWARE, might she begin to dream?

I was also thinking of building my own version. i have done some robot projects before, but i am stumped on some parts. how do i make the skin? how on earth do i create the endoskeleton? my most advanced project was a simple hexapod robot made with u-channel and angle iron, along with surplus motors and and old computer for brains. my skills lie in the mechanics/actuators. but does anyone have some advice that would help me?
Discoman
Discoman
Admin

http://blogofthehawk.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Discoman Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:46 am

Henry wrote:I dropped on Your Aiko Project Site almost by accident XD

I'm a big fan of Chobit. And it did inspire me to really personalize my PC.
Started from simple A.I. - mostly modelled on A.L.I.C.E. Bot ... Tried to cenect it with a Voice synthesator. It worked as for a first try. Currently I was thinking about some kind of Voice recognition software, and maby some kind of image sensors - But I'm to inexpirienced to do that now.

Just started studying Automatics And Robotics at Warsaw University of Technology. And I would be happy to Help You by advertising Your project.

Peter H.

several simple software
programs are availible. there is dragon naturallyspeakin, and viavoice for windows are the two i know of. speech recognition, ant text to speech, as these are for voice dictation to a computer. they still work fine for voice commands, however they are really finiky until they are properly trained, and even then there are some issues. i do not know if the newest versions fixed that, although i would assume they have.
Discoman
Discoman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:18 pm

Discoman wrote:
Henry wrote:I dropped on Your Aiko Project Site almost by accident XD

I'm a big fan of Chobit. And it did inspire me to really personalize my PC.
Started from simple A.I. - mostly modelled on A.L.I.C.E. Bot ... Tried to cenect it with a Voice synthesator. It worked as for a first try. Currently I was thinking about some kind of Voice recognition software, and maby some kind of image sensors - But I'm to inexpirienced to do that now.

Just started studying Automatics And Robotics at Warsaw University of Technology. And I would be happy to Help You by advertising Your project.

Peter H.

several simple software
programs are availible. there is dragon naturallyspeakin, and viavoice for windows are the two i know of. speech recognition, ant text to speech, as these are for voice dictation to a computer. they still work fine for voice commands, however they are really finiky until they are properly trained, and even then there are some issues. i do not know if the newest versions fixed that, although i would assume they have.

I had thought about whether or not ALICE or a similar bot (originally designed for IRC) could work here as well, but I think BRAINS is probably a bit more advanced than ALICE and might be a step backwards.

Back to top Go down

Who can build Aiko - Page 2 Empty dreams

Post  Guest Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:53 pm

Can the BRAINS software simulation DREAM...... logically, I don't think it is possible.
Not sure if any company or research company is doing it, but I don't see how it will happen
If Aiko was put in sleep mode and a screen saver came on, couldn't that be considered a dream?

Back to top Go down

Post  Konrad13 Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:26 am

Guest wrote:
If Aiko was put in sleep mode and a screen saver came on, couldn't that be considered a dream?

Who can build Aiko - Page 2 Mind-blown

Konrad13

Back to top Go down

Post  Discoman Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:08 pm

screensaver isn't a dream. wow this just may get into deep metaphysics, theological questions, and what is dreaming and what does it mean to be human and to dream.

lets avoid that. a dream is (basically) where your brain reviews the day's events and desires, and decides what to commit to long-term memory. to put it really basically, your brain decides whats trash and what isn't. i do not predict computers and machines dreaming, no matter how intelligent. i saw that because a machine puts anything it learns into storage. a human can remember up to 9 things short term, but machines do not have short-term memory. anything learned is remembered until the programming is corrupted or it can't find the file. instead of sorting through memories to find what should be in long-term memory, a machine may later look at its memories and decide what is no longer important.

that and new research into the human brain has found that each neuron is backed up by 'a supercomputers worth of hardware' in the axons and other stuff in a neuron. so a human brain is more like several thousand supercomputers linked together. the computer equivalent, as supercomputers are rather big, would be quite massive indeed.

p.s.-i think that quote was from Scientific American, but i am not sure
Discoman
Discoman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Who can build Aiko - Page 2 Empty Robot dreaming.

Post  WulfCry Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:03 pm

I think this is very interresting what does dreaming mean as it cant be similar to our dreamstate.
So it has to be a computed vegetative state or idle state for processing chunks of unprocessed
data fragments the system could not handle at full capacity.

Without using the android functions (the limbs , vision , personality etc ) the system(aka BRAINS or other processing neural network)
reassemble and correct details to improve the patterns which it has acquired through it full active state.
Or something like that but it could cope by partially repeating the expirience (recorded or something like that)
to improve recognition or operating stability.
You could also say the system is ordering structure through it expirience and checking validity in details.

Atleast that is what I would think it would do caus operating through the day makes a lot of complex data.

WulfCry

Back to top Go down

Who can build Aiko - Page 2 Empty dreams

Post  Guest Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:51 pm

screensaver isn't a dream. wow this just may get into deep metaphysics, theological questions, and what is dreaming and what does it mean to be human and to dream.

lets avoid that. a dream is (basically) where your brain reviews the day's events and desires, and decides what to commit to long-term memory. to put it really basically, your brain decides whats trash and what isn't. i do not predict computers and machines dreaming, no matter how intelligent. i saw that because a machine puts anything it learns into storage. a human can remember up to 9 things short term, but machines do not have short-term memory. anything learned is remembered until the programming is corrupted or it can't find the file. instead of sorting through memories to find what should be in long-term memory, a machine may later look at its memories and decide what is no longer important.

that and new research into the human brain has found that each neuron is backed up by 'a supercomputers worth of hardware' in the axons and other stuff in a neuron. so a human brain is more like several thousand supercomputers linked together. the computer equivalent, as supercomputers are rather big, would be quite massive indeed.

p.s.-i think that quote was from Scientific American, but i am not sure
It's a little more complex than that (or more simplistic from a computer's point of view).
It's really an overnight robot/wizard that takes a list of MRUs like index.dat, and morphs or overlaps them with other cached images.
This is basically what the human subconscious does.

It's an interesting prospect for self learning computers (nanotechnology).

Back to top Go down

Post  Discoman Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:43 pm

had to mention this in response, not sure if it really fits, but here it is:

there is no such thing as artificial intelligence. see the link below

http://www.onlineinvestingai.com/blog/2009/02/09/theres-no-such-thing-as-artificial-intelligence/
Discoman
Discoman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tuantrung Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:04 pm

Hi
Xin chào tất cả mọi người!
Trước tiên tôi phải nói rằng tôi rất tự hào vì có người Việt Nam đã chế tạo thành công một cỗ máy rất giống người. Từ một ước mơ của một con người nhỏ bé nhưng nó có thể là thay đổi cả thế giới trong một tương lai không xa.
Ý tưởng này chắc chắn rằng đã có rất nhiều người theo đuổi nhưng Lê Trung đã và đang dần biến nó thành sự thật. Một tương lai mà con người đã tiên đoán được điều đó, chỉ có thời gian sẽ chứng minh cho chúng ta, có thể rất nhiều phiên bản sau của Aiko sẽ gần như một con người thực sự.
Tôi là một người Việt Nam, sống và lớn lên tại đất nước Việt Nam, cũng như bao nhiêu người khác có ước mơ nhưng cuộc sống mưu sinh chưa có thể thực hiện được. Ở đất nước chúng tôi thu nhập còn rất thấp nên nói đến chuyện chế tạo Robot còn xa xăm đối với một người dân có thu nhập bình quân. Nhưng tôi tin rằng sẽ có người đồng tài trợ ở Việt Nam cho anh Lê Trung anh thự hiện ước mơ của mình, ước mơ của anh sẽ giúp ích cho xã hội rất nhiều.
Tôi xin chân thành chúc anh thành công trong việc chế tạo ra các Robot phục vụ lợi ích của con người, người Việt Nam luôn ủng hộ anh.

Cảm ơn

tuantrung

Back to top Go down

Post  WulfCry Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:23 am

Discoman wrote:had to mention this in response, not sure if it really fits, but here it is:

there is no such thing as artificial intelligence. see the link below

http://www.onlineinvestingai.com/blog/2009/02/09/theres-no-such-thing-as-artificial-intelligence/

The beauty of the article is the author put it as it is A.I or computed intelligence construct data it understand in an uncertain way. To understand what it mean to talk about artificial intelligence or the use of it needs an appropriate definition in the how , what and why.
My opinion is Computed Intelligence will help us cope and reduce with the ever growing complexity of technology in an smart automated manner.

Nice link Discoman. Smile

WulfCry

Back to top Go down

Post  drgeraldrhawk Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:28 pm

A lot of people discouraged me too....
However it doesnt matter anymore.

I may not be able to help financially...but i will release new research material about robotics when it is found.
drgeraldrhawk
drgeraldrhawk

http://www.myspace.com/projectbeccaxss

Back to top Go down

Who can build Aiko - Page 2 Empty You aren't completely correct.

Post  Arti Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:31 pm

a dream is (basically) where your brain reviews the day's events and desires, and decides what to commit to long-term memory. to put it really basically, your brain decides whats trash and what isn't.
That's what people would like you to believe.
There is no intelligent being in a person's head throwing out specific images of the day.
It is all randomized from as far back as 2 or 3 weeks ago.

As I said, images are overlapped to create a series of other images that may represent an entire story.
These images can be completely fictional, partially fictional, or totally real.
For instance walking or flying on air is completely fictional (as seen in cartoons when a character walks off a cliff without realizing it).
Being naked in public is partially fictional (a TV and movie plot device to bring in more viewers).
Late for a school test is totally real (one can imagine it actually happening).
All of these images can be put together in a sort of storyline:

You've been cramming for a test you have the next day.
To wake yourself up more you take a shower a little early, but forget to put on your clothes when you come out.
You get stuck in traffic and decide to fly your car over the highway, but it runs out of gas before you reach your window, so you quickly get out, and run to the window that's 40 stories up.

TV shows that include this scenario has your co-workers or classmates all shocked at your public nakedness and you get very embarrassed, but in an actual dream, being naked would not be surprising to secondary characters, but would be arousing to you allowing everyone to see you in this state.
You may also change genders or face in mid dream.

Unless deleted (must reboot after deleting), index.dat (focusing on Internet Explorer) records everything on your computer since you first got it.
If a permanent cache is mixed with temporary MRUs (Most Recently Used), I think this could be called a dream.

Arti

Back to top Go down

Post  Discoman Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:02 pm

random thought-shall we get back on topic?
we've digressed quite a bit.
Discoman
Discoman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Who can build Aiko - Page 2 Empty Dreams

Post  Arti Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:11 pm

wouldn't she require full intelligence to begin dreaming? i don't mean computer intelligence, ultra logical intelligence, where if this happens, then do this. i mean as in more of a consciousness. if she becomes AWARE, might she begin to dream?

I was also thinking of building my own version. i have done some robot projects before, but i am stumped on some parts. how do i make the skin? how on earth do i create the endoskeleton? my most advanced project was a simple hexapod robot made with u-channel and angle iron, along with surplus motors and and old computer for brains. my skills lie in the mechanics/actuators. but does anyone have some advice that would help me?
I was only responding to your quote.

Arti

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2