Project Aiko
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» introducing the cyberpunk software design pattern
Computers'  'Common Sense' for object recognizing EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 1:57 am by japlu

» LG book updates
Computers'  'Common Sense' for object recognizing EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 5:54 pm by japlu

» LivinGrimoire swift version added
Computers'  'Common Sense' for object recognizing EmptySat Jul 23, 2022 9:55 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire is now available in python as well
Computers'  'Common Sense' for object recognizing EmptyTue May 03, 2022 9:03 am by japlu

» livingrimoire auxiliary modules
Computers'  'Common Sense' for object recognizing EmptyMon Apr 25, 2022 4:51 pm by japlu

» [Python] Thinkable class
Computers'  'Common Sense' for object recognizing EmptyTue Apr 05, 2022 7:11 pm by japlu

» owly check this out
Computers'  'Common Sense' for object recognizing EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 5:03 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire AGI
Computers'  'Common Sense' for object recognizing EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 4:35 pm by japlu

» Cherry Blossom Technology Launch!!!
Computers'  'Common Sense' for object recognizing EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 10:42 am by BlueSodaX

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Computers' 'Common Sense' for object recognizing

2 posters

Go down

Computers'  'Common Sense' for object recognizing Empty Computers' 'Common Sense' for object recognizing

Post  Gilda Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:43 pm

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/10/071017174328.htm

A Google labs item used to improve object recognision. Maybe Aiko can use it in the future.
Maybe artificial common sense can be the key to improve not only image recognision, but also a hability to enable the machine to make inferences in a bank agency ( for example) or to perform tasks in a better way, so the owner will not have the need to explain everyting in a order ( for example : to prepair a coffe in a new coffe maker), because machine can make inferences from past expericences making coffes in an old coffe maker)... and so on...

What do you think about computers able to have some kind of common sense???
Gilda
Gilda

Back to top Go down

Computers'  'Common Sense' for object recognizing Empty Re: Computers' 'Common Sense' for object recognizing

Post  Discoman Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:20 am

Gilda wrote:http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/10/071017174328.htm

A Google labs item used to improve object recognision. Maybe Aiko can use it in the future.
Maybe artificial common sense can be the key to improve not only image recognision, but also a hability to enable the machine to make inferences in a bank agency ( for example) or to perform tasks in a better way, so the owner will not have the need to explain everyting in a order ( for example : to prepair a coffe in a new coffe maker), because machine can make inferences from past expericences making coffes in an old coffe maker)... and so on...

What do you think about computers able to have some kind of common sense???

Common sense is going to require a lot of programming and/or learned behavior. One place made a robot that learned by trying how to do basic tasks, and it took many tries to figure out how to stick a cup in a dishwasher.
Common sense is going to put something like the above into the realm of 'that was easy.' But, oh man, will common sense in a robot be useful.
Thanks for sharing.
Discoman
Discoman
Admin

http://blogofthehawk.com

Back to top Go down

Computers'  'Common Sense' for object recognizing Empty Re: Computers' 'Common Sense' for object recognizing

Post  Gilda Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:24 pm

Are you reffering to Genetic Algorithms?

I didn't think about it.

With common sense I was just refering to habilities like recognizing objects and functions in a faster way without need of being re-teached everytime I'd buy - for example- a coffee maker ( wich the only difference is that the old model had on/off on the left and the new is on the right)...

People will need easy to deal robots not one that will stop working just because they forgot to teach the robot were the new on/off coffee maker buton is... Razz
Gilda
Gilda

Back to top Go down

Post  Discoman Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:59 am

Gilda wrote:Are you reffering to Genetic Algorithms?

I didn't think about it.

With common sense I was just refering to habilities like recognizing objects and functions in a faster way without need of being re-teached everytime I'd buy - for example- a coffee maker ( wich the only difference is that the old model had on/off on the left and the new is on the right)...

People will need easy to deal robots not one that will stop working just because they forgot to teach the robot were the new on/off coffee maker buton is... Razz

I guess both would be needed to solve the problem. My coffemaker broke, and got replaced by one that looks so far from a coffeemaker that the machine wpuild need a way of figuring out what it is. Perhaps some identifiers of objects could be made, but then an object that shares similarities but isn't the intended item could be damaged by improper usage.
Maybe we just need a robot that can identify items based on an image of them, as well as over writing a previous idea (the last coffeemaker broke, therefore, I do not need to recall the specifics of its appearance.)
Maybe all we need to do is make a robot that can read the manual and identify it from the drawings there. Very Happy
Then again, it wouldn't necessarily be able to identify the coffeemaker in another house, and would need to learn how to work it (but then again, most people usually need to ask how to work the appliances when you are at another house and helping in the kitchen.)
An interesting conundrum.
Discoman
Discoman
Admin

http://blogofthehawk.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gilda Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:59 am

It seems Japanese guys made something to help in the coffee maker issue
https://projectaiko.forumotion.com/t332-japanese-invented-a-robot-that-can-think-by-it-s-own#3011 What a Face
Gilda
Gilda

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down