Project Aiko
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» introducing the cyberpunk software design pattern
The planet of E.S.O.I.L.s EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 1:57 am by japlu

» LG book updates
The planet of E.S.O.I.L.s EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 5:54 pm by japlu

» LivinGrimoire swift version added
The planet of E.S.O.I.L.s EmptySat Jul 23, 2022 9:55 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire is now available in python as well
The planet of E.S.O.I.L.s EmptyTue May 03, 2022 9:03 am by japlu

» livingrimoire auxiliary modules
The planet of E.S.O.I.L.s EmptyMon Apr 25, 2022 4:51 pm by japlu

» [Python] Thinkable class
The planet of E.S.O.I.L.s EmptyTue Apr 05, 2022 7:11 pm by japlu

» owly check this out
The planet of E.S.O.I.L.s EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 5:03 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire AGI
The planet of E.S.O.I.L.s EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 4:35 pm by japlu

» Cherry Blossom Technology Launch!!!
The planet of E.S.O.I.L.s EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 10:42 am by BlueSodaX

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The planet of E.S.O.I.L.s

2 posters

Go down

The planet of E.S.O.I.L.s Empty The planet of E.S.O.I.L.s

Post  Artilects rule! Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:05 pm

Erotic Synthetic Organic Intelligent Lifefoms (controlled multiple Starfires)

Can you imagine such a place?
Maybe if only one man survived a world wide disaster, created a home on a meteor as an artificial planet and inhabits the planet with sexy women that can be controlled with limited programming and personality.
Do you think this scenario is plausible considering how much technology is advancing?

Artilects rule!

Back to top Go down

The planet of E.S.O.I.L.s Empty Re: The planet of E.S.O.I.L.s

Post  Discoman Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:44 am

Not really. An asteroid lacks gravity, so to have an artificial environment, you would need to completely enclose the asteroid in something. Even hollowing it out would require some way to contain the asteroid so the atmosphere doesn't escape. Then there is the issue of how the human body degrades in a zero-g, or even a free-fall environment, plus the need to care for young and even deal with childbirth in that case, which will cause a whole host of unknown problems.
What about food? people consume quite a bit of food and water, you will need a source for that. Not only that, but you need a way to replenish the atmosphere. You could use chemical scrubbers, but those only last so long, so how will you replace them?
You could use plants, but they require a very large amount of plants for just one person, plus large quantities of water and nutrients.
Naturally, all that requires power. Where will you get that? Solar cells only work close to a star, and further out, reactors become your main choice. You will need something with the ability to maintain and repair a reactor, unless you sue one of those sealed thermal reactors (aka atomic batteries, as they convert the heat from radioactive decay into electricity) but they only have a limited lifespan. Naturally, to get around that, you would need a propulsion system to move the asteroid to a hospitable planet to avoid the dangers of a long-term society forming on something with no real gravity to speak of.
Then there is the heat problem: heat is produced as a waste for almost all reactions happening, including those that cause humans to live. You will need a way to get rid of the heat, or it will cause massive issues. No, a thermocouple will not convert heat into electricity, it converts a heat gradient into electricity, and in doing so, not only doesn't get rid of the existing heat, but produces even more heat!
Websites like Atomic Rockets discuss a lot of these issues (dealing primarily with spacecraft) in detail, and even show you the formula to figure out all the details on your own.
Basically, on an asteroid, even a large one, it is a one-way ticket. A larger asteroid is merely a much slower one-way ticket. Your hope would be to find a habitable planet, as everything will run out of resources o the asteroid.
Discoman
Discoman
Admin

http://blogofthehawk.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Artilects rule! Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:34 am

Discoman wrote:Not really. An asteroid lacks gravity, so to have an artificial environment, you would need to completely enclose the asteroid in something. Even hollowing it out would require some way to contain the asteroid so the atmosphere doesn't escape. Then there is the issue of how the human body degrades in a zero-g, or even a free-fall environment, plus the need to care for young and even deal with childbirth in that case, which will cause a whole host of unknown problems.
What about food? people consume quite a bit of food and water, you will need a source for that. Not only that, but you need a way to replenish the atmosphere. You could use chemical scrubbers, but those only last so long, so how will you replace them?
You could use plants, but they require a very large amount of plants for just one person, plus large quantities of water and nutrients.
Naturally, all that requires power. Where will you get that? Solar cells only work close to a star, and further out, reactors become your main choice. You will need something with the ability to maintain and repair a reactor, unless you sue one of those sealed thermal reactors (aka atomic batteries, as they convert the heat from radioactive decay into electricity) but they only have a limited lifespan. Naturally, to get around that, you would need a propulsion system to move the asteroid to a hospitable planet to avoid the dangers of a long-term society forming on something with no real gravity to speak of.
Then there is the heat problem: heat is produced as a waste for almost all reactions happening, including those that cause humans to live. You will need a way to get rid of the heat, or it will cause massive issues. No, a thermocouple will not convert heat into electricity, it converts a heat gradient into electricity, and in doing so, not only doesn't get rid of the existing heat, but produces even more heat!
Websites like Atomic Rockets discuss a lot of these issues (dealing primarily with spacecraft) in detail, and even show you the formula to figure out all the details on your own.
Basically, on an asteroid, even a large one, it is a one-way ticket. A larger asteroid is merely a much slower one-way ticket. Your hope would be to find a habitable planet, as everything will run out of resources o the asteroid.
I'll look for that site, but there are workarounds.
Sex is the biggest issue, not because of childbirth (that's easy), but because they are all women, so I need to have them capable to mate with themselves (but still like men).
As for childbirth, they are like empty bags of skin (much like a fetus) that grows and multiplies with nanotechnology (maybe a little biotechnology as well).

The race would live under ground with an artificial gravity well like a pulsar, but using generators.
These generates also recycle water that is within the rocks of the asteroid.
Plants need light as well as water right, we could generate that as well.
There are also some hybrid plants that need very little of either to grow, like a hybrid form of algae/seaweed meets cactus.
Trash and human waist would be deposited like an astronaut, which connects with small projectiles programed to randevu with a satellite made just for recycling, like the solar panels on a house or car.

By the way, did you boot me out of the general 18+ forum this afternoon?
I wrote a 2 hour long post, but when I submitted I was logged out of the forums, and when I signed back in it was gone.
I figured somehow you saw my post previews and temporarily disabled my posting.

Artilects rule!

Back to top Go down

Post  Artilects rule! Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:55 am

Actually I was just inquiring about the ESOILs.
I picked an isolated planet for an all female society so it wouldn't be like "Blade Runner" with male ultra violent and super strong upgrades.

I was thinking back two years ago when this was first attempted.
Apparently synthetic life did exist, but lived for a short time, like a bee about to sting you.
This year synthetic DNA (called XNA) was made, but if like this scenario in the future, a bunch of problems will arise.

Slavery: Would anyone have the right to own these creatures, even if they were programed to enjoy serving man?
Human Rights: Being synthetic means they are part human.
Shouldn't they have rights too?
Free Will: There might be a dictatorship situation if the synthetic beings had limits on their programming, like a "Big Brother" to a whole society of synthetic beings.
Human Reactions: If the ESOIL scenario holds true, the human crew (now deceased except for one man) would react badly to them.
The females would want them not so unrealisticly sexy and wear more conservative clothing.
The males would want them not superior in intelligence or strength, which is not unlike "The Artilect War: Building Gods" by (I forgot his name).

Two other issues might also pop up.

Morals: As the nanobots multiply, the old nanites are killed for over population (like killing your great grandfather).
Is this morally right?

Work Ethics: Naturally these being will have to work (to blend in with society), but the payment would go towards the owner without consent.
Isn't this unethical?

Artilects rule!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum