Project Aiko
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» introducing the cyberpunk software design pattern
Wolfram Alpha to revolutionize internet EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 1:57 am by japlu

» LG book updates
Wolfram Alpha to revolutionize internet EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 5:54 pm by japlu

» LivinGrimoire swift version added
Wolfram Alpha to revolutionize internet EmptySat Jul 23, 2022 9:55 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire is now available in python as well
Wolfram Alpha to revolutionize internet EmptyTue May 03, 2022 9:03 am by japlu

» livingrimoire auxiliary modules
Wolfram Alpha to revolutionize internet EmptyMon Apr 25, 2022 4:51 pm by japlu

» [Python] Thinkable class
Wolfram Alpha to revolutionize internet EmptyTue Apr 05, 2022 7:11 pm by japlu

» owly check this out
Wolfram Alpha to revolutionize internet EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 5:03 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire AGI
Wolfram Alpha to revolutionize internet EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 4:35 pm by japlu

» Cherry Blossom Technology Launch!!!
Wolfram Alpha to revolutionize internet EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 10:42 am by BlueSodaX

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Wolfram Alpha to revolutionize internet

5 posters

Go down

Wolfram Alpha to revolutionize internet Empty Wolfram Alpha to revolutionize internet

Post  Kal-el Sun May 10, 2009 7:41 am

Click here for the article

click article

And search on google about it, Wolfram Alpha software.

Basically you write a question(any question) and that thing will answer your question immediately, its database is formed with information from wikipedia but it was verified by experts first and then added to its database.

This is like landing on the Moon for the internet,Google was just going out in the space.

It uses some mathematical algorithms devised by Stephen Wolfram to process the question then take the right information from its database and post it.

It will be free to use, so this thing just has to be integrated in a fembot, it's a must have, I don't think those algorithms take a lot of processing power but the database will take a lot of space, unless you connect it to the internet.

Last edited by Kal-el on Sun May 17, 2009 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kal-el

Back to top Go down

Wolfram Alpha to revolutionize internet Empty Wolfram |Alpha

Post  Ross Mon May 11, 2009 3:53 am

I had a look at this kind of technology.

I'm not sure that the knowledge base would take up take up that much storage space in a text-only format, but it'd probably run fairly slowly without its own core. Graphics would probably ne necessary, but would kill computing speed and memory hdd space.

There's also the semantic web, which is a bit different, and I wonder if Wolfram |Alpha and the semantic web could eventually be combined.

One trick though. These things are designed for humans to use.

The way an android could use them would probably be very different, and as far as I can tell, not yet invented yet. For example, a human types in a query and then reads an answer. But how would an android recognize that it needs the information and formulate a query, and what does it do with an answer when it gets it? And how do you translate access to information into a kind of "educated thinking"?

I think there's also scope for giving higher priority to some kinds of knowledge, so that the android can get the knowledge it needs every day very quickly, but have much slower access to technical data that it seldom uses, or has never used.

But certainly its a big step forward to have a way to have a very knowledgeable android.

Ross

Ross

Back to top Go down

Wolfram Alpha to revolutionize internet Empty Re: Wolfram Alpha to revolutionize internet

Post  Kal-el Mon May 11, 2009 9:01 am

Ross you got it wrong, it's not like that, the robot will be just an intermediate for a human to use the Wolfram Alpha, the human will ask a question to the robot->the robot recognizes the words and writes them in a search box in its database(which will be on internet or hdd) ->then gets the answer in words->then reads the exact words out loud, it doesn't think at all.

I don't know what will be in the future, but for now it will be just a simple intermediate tool.

Kal-el

Back to top Go down

Wolfram Alpha to revolutionize internet Empty Re: Wolfram Alpha to revolutionize internet

Post  Aiko Sun May 17, 2009 10:45 am

Hmmm....

Interesting post.....have to think about that in the future.

In theory the BRAINS can access wiki and get information from there.
But the information has to be correct... public information are not always the case.
I guess it is possible if you have internet connection build into Aiko.
Aiko V1 has that ability... but only use for limited info.
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

http://projectaiko.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal-el Sun May 17, 2009 2:29 pm

That's great, it's the same thing, wolfram will be similar to wiki but it will be almost complete, you can get info by asking full questions not just single words, that's the difference.

Judging by what you said, using wolfram through Aiko will be easy to do, as long as it has a wifi connection to the internet.

I'm looking forward to hear Aiko answering any question, all the info in wolfram's database is verified by experts so it's not going to be wrong.

Kal-el

Back to top Go down

Wolfram Alpha to revolutionize internet Empty Re: Wofram Alpha to revolutionize internet

Post  Kthomp06 Sun May 17, 2009 4:39 pm

I think Rose may not be so wrong, forgive me but I thought we where helping to build a realistic humanoid android and not a computer terminal. Please don't get me wrong I do see a good use for access to the Internet say in case of an emergency. If a person had a heart attach she could access the Internet and retrieve the correct action to take by asking the person if they are allergic to aspirin if not give the apron to the person and call 911 on the phone.

If Aiko is built as a realistic human android and you didn't know it, then going up to her and asking her a question you would not expect her to say "hold on let me access the internet" with out a computer in front of her or say "according to wikipedia on the internet". These actions would be out of human charictor and would put Aiko out of place.

I can see Aiko accessing the Internet in privet during a sleep cycle. That way she could use maximum CPU power to compare multiple answers to a single question, after all that's what we do when looking for the best price on an iPod or laptop.

I see her doing all this during a wireless recharge. Yes a wireless recharge like a Braun tooth brush which only the base has a cord and the tooth brush has a battery.
Kthomp06
Kthomp06

http://www.kennsplace.com/re.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal-el Sun May 17, 2009 5:18 pm

You and Rose are not realistic, trust me, I've studied the advancement of transistors,capacitors, integrated circuits etc and unless they start building memristors now or unless they come up with quantum computers soon we are not going to see real androids for at least 30-40 years into the future.

When you ask a universal question to Aiko(how tall is Eiffel Tower?), you specify, "wolfram search" and she connects to the wolfram page for the info, in rest(don't specify wolfram search) she's going to answer you like you programmed her, no wolfram, exactly as she is now, as simple as that.

Big electronic companies are going to have their own android projects pretty soon, they'll all want a slice of the android market.

Kal-el

Back to top Go down

Post  Kthomp06 Sun May 17, 2009 9:23 pm

I don't know Kal-el, which is more realistic spending $12,000 to $20,000 on a info bot or $2,000 on a home computer. Both can tell you that the Eiffel tower is 324 meters to the top of the antenna. But I'll say this I would spend $100,000 for one that could call the hospital if I got hurt or sick. I would spend that much for one that could clean, make dinner, water the plants, walk the dog, and give me that aspirin for the heart attach I'm going to have, because I can’t retire till I'm 75 year old and collect social security.

Besides I don't have an objection to connecting to the Internet only that it should be limited to a time and place.
Kthomp06
Kthomp06

http://www.kennsplace.com/re.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal-el Mon May 18, 2009 9:52 am

Man Laughing , answering universal questions through wolfram will be just a new addition to lots of other stuff Aiko can do, it's going to use very little processing power, its main purpose will not be an answering universal questions ,just an addition.

Kal-el

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal-el Mon May 18, 2009 2:33 pm

Wolfram Alpha has just been launched today:

http://www27.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=london+to+paris

It's awesome, the database needs to grow though, in time it will as a lot of users are going to post information there but the thing is that the info is verified first and then posted unlike wikipedia.

It's better than wiki because the info you get is structured so you can get it fast, with wiki you had to read full articles in order to find what you wanted.

Now of course it's going to make people even more lazy but for those that are intelligent this is going to save them time.

This would make a great addition to Aiko.

Later edit: This thing is f*cking great, I found out the direct distances between a lot of cities, I reckon this will be huge if it gets support from those that posted info on wikipedia.

Kal-el

Back to top Go down

Wolfram Alpha to revolutionize internet Empty WolfRamAlpha

Post  Mel Addison Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:14 pm

I sure would like to know how to interface my robot to this database.

Mel Addison

Back to top Go down

Post  ico Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:20 am

This should be better than Wiki ?
There is nothing, Wiki is still 100 times better than that.
ico
ico

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down