Project Aiko
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» introducing the cyberpunk software design pattern
Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 1:57 am by japlu

» LG book updates
Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 5:54 pm by japlu

» LivinGrimoire swift version added
Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start EmptySat Jul 23, 2022 9:55 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire is now available in python as well
Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start EmptyTue May 03, 2022 9:03 am by japlu

» livingrimoire auxiliary modules
Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start EmptyMon Apr 25, 2022 4:51 pm by japlu

» [Python] Thinkable class
Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start EmptyTue Apr 05, 2022 7:11 pm by japlu

» owly check this out
Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 5:03 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire AGI
Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 4:35 pm by japlu

» Cherry Blossom Technology Launch!!!
Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 10:42 am by BlueSodaX

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start

+5
ico
WulfCry
Discoman
Artilects rule!
Aiko
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start Empty Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start

Post  Aiko Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:55 am

Hi

I think I will start a pet project making Sumomo character for Chobits.
I just need a Sumomo figure.
I check Amazon, they are sold out...... Anyone of you have an idea where to buy.
Also check Ebay, which sell for $160..... too much.

It doesn't have to be Sumomo from Chobits.
It can be other anime robot characters.... like Haid Maid May... or something.

I will integrate the BRAINs software into it.
As soon as I can find the figure, I can start the project.
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

http://projectaiko.com

Back to top Go down

Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start Empty Re: Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start

Post  Artilects rule! Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:26 pm

Aiko wrote:Hi

I think I will start a pet project making Sumomo character for Chobits.
I just need a Sumomo figure.
I check Amazon, they are sold out...... Anyone of you have an idea where to buy.
Also check Ebay, which sell for $160..... too much.

It doesn't have to be Sumomo from Chobits.
It can be other anime robot characters.... like Haid Maid May... or something.

I will integrate the BRAINs software into it.
As soon as I can find the figure, I can start the project.
This sounds familiar.
https://projectaiko.forumotion.com/project-aiko-hardware-software-f1/who-want-to-see-sumomo-from-chobits-made-t74.htm?highlight=chobits

I haven't thought of other robots in anime made.
A collector's shop might have the robot from Fritz Lang's Metropolis.

I don't think Hand Maid May would be real popular.

Artilects rule!

Back to top Go down

Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start Empty Re: Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start

Post  Guest Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:43 pm

Hey Le, try 1999.co.jp/eng/

They might have something.

Back to top Go down

Post  Discoman Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:23 pm

Maria from Metropolis? ehhhh... not so sure. metal skin isn't very workable, would be heavy, and would require strong motors to drive, but all joints would have to be driven instead of a more human walk... it's feasible.
Discoman
Discoman
Admin

http://blogofthehawk.com

Back to top Go down

Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start Empty It could work.

Post  Guest Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:11 pm

Maria from Metropolis? ehhhh... not so sure. metal skin isn't very workable, would be heavy, and would require strong motors to drive, but all joints would have to be driven instead of a more human walk... it's feasible.
Remember C3PO (the small model), he was made of hollow plastic (weighted rubberband trick).
He wouldn't stand correctly, and his legs kept falling off (arms too if the rubberband broke), but you could work around that.

By the way, the robot was modeled after his dead wife HEL (letters speculated as Nazi code).
Maria was just the cloned skin of the robot.
The robot was unnamed in Fritz Lang's edited version.

Back to top Go down

Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start Empty I have a problem and a question.

Post  WulfCry Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:17 pm

I want the use off vision for smaller bots but the problem is the camera they lack dept and clearity.
The camera that I have tested are all webcam I even disassembled a few phone camera's.
I was thinking about a radar , echo device that can scan the area and use that instead maybe both,
there would be dept scan and vision. But these radar , echo things are big and expensive a cheap solution
is not at hand right now.

Does anyone knows a site or any ideas how to find a cheaper one.

Last edited by WulfCry on Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bad spelling ^^)

WulfCry

Back to top Go down

Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start Empty cheap infra radar

Post  ico Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:41 pm

You can build your own cheap light or sonic radar. Take i.e. a sharp IR sensor ( http://www.acroname.com/robotics/info/articles/sharp/sharp.html) or a sonic sensor. Then a motor (or modified servo to 360 deg.) and a rotation counter (what i mean http://www.solarbotics.com/products/gmww02/). The counter should be modified so you know when you are at 0 degrees - only one black line has to be thicker or thinner. To communicate with the sensor and to supply power to it use brushes like it is by DC motors ( http://www.magnet.fsu.edu/education/tutorials/java/dcmotor/index.html)

Or you can build a "standard" radar when you use a standard servo and swing it left-right. - it is much slower, but simpler to build
ico
ico

Back to top Go down

Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start Empty sumomo

Post  lainnorcal Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:57 am

would be a most awesome idea!!!
lainnorcal
lainnorcal

http://www.myspace.com/lainnorcal

Back to top Go down

Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start Empty rozen maiden alternative

Post  ico Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:42 pm

Hi Le
What if you instead of a Sumomo doll would take a Dollfie (Super Dollfie) doll and make for example a living doll like from Rozen Maiden.
http://www.otadesho.com/rozen-maiden-dollfies/
You could even sell such dolls and I bet there are people who would buy them.
Maybe you could finance this way the development of Aiko a bit.

Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start Mixed_02Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start Shinku_door
Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start Suigin_02Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start Kira_01

Last edited by ico on Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
ico
ico

Back to top Go down

Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start Empty Inspired by.

Post  WulfCry Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:54 pm

Was watching Akiba-chan thinking if that was like how it would be. Could be awesome to think off it, would be sold out in minutes. I also had a curiousity for femisapien but discarded it deu to the sluggish movement. Did got a new idea for handling miniature leg and arm movement by using an adapted version of a fishing-rod system I cant explain the how yet but post a sketch soon.

WulfCry

Back to top Go down

Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start Empty Re: @WulfCry

Post  ico Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:08 pm

WulfCry wrote:Was watching Akiba-chan thinking if that was like how it would be. Could be awesome to think off it, would be sold out in minutes. I also had a curiousity for femisapien but discarded it deu to the sluggish movement. Did got a new idea for handling miniature leg and arm movement by using an adapted version of a fishing-rod system I cant explain the how yet but post a sketch soon.
That would be so damn creepy Smile And yes it would be sold out within a minute.

Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start Top_01_2
ico
ico

Back to top Go down

Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start Empty the coffee maker

Post  mikeccuk2005 Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:25 pm

mikeccuk2005

Back to top Go down

Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start Empty Great guy's thanks.

Post  WulfCry Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:56 pm

My gratitude for the links, Akiba-chan is funny aint it Smile)
I took a look at the ''Rozen Maiden'' website and had a OMG moment.
If ever I would build dolls ''Which I will'' , That would be the ones inspiring to do.
And off course it would be an android type. Although the dolls look to refined to do movement.
It will take ''Nano technology'' to make small components like hands to move with some mechanism.
To bad if a nano component could be build by assembling plain kitchen appliances I would be the first
to do it LOL Smile). Kidding there, Anyway it gave me some other new ideas to think about.
I will draw that out also out and post it here. Oh by the way I mend not '''Fishing Pole'' but ''Baitrunner''
That technology is the bomb if only it be smaller.

WulfCry

Back to top Go down

Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start Empty very nano

Post  mikeccuk2005 Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:29 pm

WulfCry wrote:My gratitude for the links, Akiba-chan is funny aint it Smile)
I took a look at the ''Rozen Maiden'' website and had a OMG moment.
If ever I would build dolls ''Which I will'' , That would be the ones inspiring to do.
And off course it would be an android type. Although the dolls look to refined to do movement.
It will take ''Nano technology'' to make small components like hands to move with some mechanism.
To bad if a nano component could be build by assembling plain kitchen appliances I would be the first
to do it LOL Smile). Kidding there, Anyway it gave me some other new ideas to think about.
I will draw that out also out and post it here. Oh by the way I mend not '''Fishing Pole'' but ''Baitrunner''
That technology is the bomb if only it be smaller.

for the fingers its almost impossible to move them, even individually

mikeccuk2005

Back to top Go down

Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start Empty even nano nano

Post  ico Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:42 pm

mikeccuk2005 wrote:for the fingers its almost impossible to move them, even individually
Not with Shape Memory Alloy (biometal / SMA / muscle wire) Twisted Evil DESU

Last edited by ico on Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
ico
ico

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeccuk2005 Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:59 am

ico wrote:
mikeccuk2005 wrote:for the fingers its almost impossible to move them, even individually
Not with Shape Memory Alloy (biometal / SMA / muscle wire) Twisted Evil

They look very fragile aint they. Yea they are good when you put multiple muscles and gears together, they can be strong to lift mouse anything soon

mikeccuk2005

Back to top Go down

Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start Empty small doll prototypes

Post  minoru2 Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:29 pm

glad to here you all have not given up on the Sumomo idea. ICO you have some great ideas.
Related to that is using digital camera range finder and face centering software. HOwever to just work out the mechanics of it all start with the socker robot bodies. Get some 50 - 60cm dolls from Toys-R-us and figure out how to skin over and mod the socker robots. Remember we are not talking about a finished product, just tinkering to get ideas how to do it right. In other parts of the forum here, you can see the Japanese are doing this already. The movement is Robotic, but it is a start. How to smooth out the motion and counter balance? A soon to be released Xbox expansion interface will have a gesture knowledge base replication IO. A WII killer? It has occured to me that this could be used to create 'situational awareness' for the bots motions. That is an internalized real time model of body status. This then can be use to create center of gravity kinetic rules to keep the bot from falling on its face. Or in other words an 'instinctual' understanding of real world actions - reactions, a physics engine. Some hefty programming here to hijack MSs new IO controler. So you have the camera brain, some wII accelarometers and other position sensors, the new Xbox controler, and at least a dual processor to intergrate it all.

minoru2

Back to top Go down

Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start Empty Sugar Spice and everything nice :)

Post  WulfCry Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:06 pm

Your on the spot there Minoru. A hack could be needed to simplify the control of movement like a pendulum balancing itself back.
I agree that the physic is the clever hack to come around letting small body's move. The body weight and accessories
influence all together in getting it around small things need a central point to focus weight balance from there on
other moving parts could be moved in balance from the center.

Since the doll overall performance greatly adds to its functionality choosing functionality above motion should bring it to a resting
position. It means the software design should cope with tracking a useful interaction. Come to think of this if this doll a sumomo like
variant would come to be then what should its main purpose include?.

Some concepts came to mind.

If its a doll that interacts broadly what should the main purpose be for.

A: it moves (In the limits capable of doing playful animation mode pointing out a status or object)
B: it reports events or store them (Date of today, lights status, noise level, agenda planning)
C: it does chores (In the limits capable of doing like gathering dust balls , remote control feature tv, dvd etc Smile
D: it has advanced voice recognition capability at searching.

Not to get way ahead for what a small thing is limited to do. Next attack all of above to find out what can be.

A :is letting this little android framework move using a clever hack not much but enough to do the trick for now.
B :is custom build-in event software integrated to its state of functionality like (when did you move to where, diagnostics events etc)
also used as a way to build application telling the date simple functionality combined.
C :Cause it moves and has build in hardware to do self checks and measurements we can let it move in ways to do task
like move to a certain location balancing towards a path from A to B using arms with a pattern based on joints etc.
D :First thing there is no way (well not known by me) to let a small thing with limited battery hours and processing do many
things at once maybe if there is a chip that handle it and still use less voltage (like www.sensoryinc.com has). If not noway.
This option is a no brainer its easy to do nowadays. Efficient is something else but where working on it. NEXT.

Actually building this selecting the components and decide which hack is capable tackling this all together

A :Gyro's are cheap you can even buy cheap devices with them for them and rebuild stuff don't pressure yourself keep it simple.
B :If all the things is figured out connect it together and the software along it(Today a new user to this forum made me aware of)
Parallax eight core chip. Thats one way to get it done I don''t know for sure. A stripped nokia N95 could work as central processing
unit also just a though.
C :Yeah this means it works and sustained small test program for basic patterns just another part of events which proves the movements
can go according through the framework and acts in real-time on certain behaviors. Yes it gathers dust and dances if it must.
How joyful it gets telling you the date of today.
D : Searching with voice go figure now Tre bring along your beta vision recognition and its all yours to better it.

Thats how I work at the concept I'm thinking of anyone idea's please post them I see lot of great ideas people have on this forum.

WulfCry

Back to top Go down

Post  animeunplugged Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:30 pm

that sounds awsome when you do finish it(if you do) could you post the pictures here
animeunplugged
animeunplugged

http://syfyrobotics.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  WulfCry Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:15 pm

animeunplugged wrote:that sounds awsome when you do finish it(if you do) could you post the pictures here

Working on the framework for quiet a time now but if anything is within expectation their might be 5 selected members of this forum for prototype testing purpose.

(Uhm if the majority of the team agrees to do some of the hard work that is).

WulfCry

Back to top Go down

Post  animeunplugged Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:18 pm

what do you mean exactly?
animeunplugged
animeunplugged

Back to top Go down

Post  animeunplugged Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:44 pm

prototype testing ?Us?Question
animeunplugged
animeunplugged

Back to top Go down

Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start Empty Chibits

Post  apru-pai Mon May 10, 2010 5:07 am

Interesting forum, and good to see it's still active...kinda. You've had some interesting ideas but I think you may need to look a bit harder; If you want to replicate Sumomo exactly then the linear actuators required are miniscule, having bodies of around 10mm in length and stroke length of approximately 8mm. Bear in mind that a limb such as a forearm is between 15 and 20mm long, with a diameter of roughly 5mm it's going to take some doing (these figures are based on the talking sumomo doll, which is about 15cm high and confirmed in the anime).

If you want to use motors for doing this then there are some really cool motors from companies such as faulhaber and namiki motor:

Check out the 0308...B model here, there is a linear drive output available for it too (03A S3) but be warned, I've had a quote on these of up to £170 exc. vat for one motor + gearhead + linear drive!

Faulhaber also do a 1.9mm motor (0206...B) which would be great for areas such as the wrists but you'd need to make your own drives for them. Namiki also do sub-2mm motors but expect high prices.

An alternative approach is the use of newscaletechnologies' squiggle motors - these are incredibly tiny devices with a lot of torque, but again expect high prices Sad. also the drive electronics would take up a reasonable amount of room in a chibit. Personally I'd love to use these but my budget doesn't allow it just now!

I'm working on other solutions to the drive problem and hope to have something soon, but it's certainly not an easy challenge. You may want to consider working on a slightly larger scale but I guess like me you're always up for the impossible Smile

I'm an electronics engineer btw, in case there's anything I can help with. Good luck, I'll be hoping for new developments here!

P.S. Nothing wrong with Sumomo, but Kotoko is the one for me!!

apru-pai

Back to top Go down

Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start Empty Solar Power

Post  Arti Mon May 10, 2010 5:04 pm

there is no way (well not known by me) to let a small thing with limited battery hours and processing do many
things at once maybe if there is a chip that handle it and still use less voltage
I think Apple has come out with a solar powered iPod which handles many hours in in 1 little battery (iPhone soon to follow).
It could use something like that.
Actually that's how the cartoon Sumomo worked.

Arti

Back to top Go down

Post  apru-pai Tue May 11, 2010 4:52 am

You have to admit apple are the gurus when you consider design. The iphone 3GS supports all the features that a project such as sumomo is asking for except of course motion and a degree of AI. All this in a small package that can run for at least a day fully charged, and with the latest OS release it will indeed support multitasking.

Here's a small description of the solar ipod Arti mentioned (nice find btw ^_-). Interesting note here: "However, the surface area is so small that it is unlikely to be able to totally power the device." http://www.v3.co.uk/vnunet/news/2217596/apple-plan-solar-powered-ipod

It is true that Sumomo used solar power but she also used mains/transformer power as do all persocom from a cord that retracts behind the ear. I believe solar power would be useful but somewhat difficult on a project of this scale, not necessarily the technology but being able to conceal it from view. Also the efficiency of solar cells is still somewhat limited at this time...not to mention the usual lack of real sunshine in the UK lol.

An advantage we do have over apple is that it is mobile in the mechanical sense. Because of this we are free to use ideas such as regenerative charging where a portion of the work used to move limbs forward is used to drive a small generator/dynamo. The effect will be small but if you consider there'd be 10 - 20+ motors on a fully spec'd unit we may well have enough for a trickle charge. The device could be a custom-made induction loop (smallest option) forced into action by a return spring on the limb or even another motor if you can again meet the constraints on space.

Actually my biggest concern is finding the batteries to fit into the ever-dwindling cavity without going to custom manufacture at this stage - at least ipods have their full surface area to store charge!

^_^

apru-pai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next