Project Aiko
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» introducing the cyberpunk software design pattern
Graphics Card acceleration. EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 1:57 am by japlu

» LG book updates
Graphics Card acceleration. EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 5:54 pm by japlu

» LivinGrimoire swift version added
Graphics Card acceleration. EmptySat Jul 23, 2022 9:55 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire is now available in python as well
Graphics Card acceleration. EmptyTue May 03, 2022 9:03 am by japlu

» livingrimoire auxiliary modules
Graphics Card acceleration. EmptyMon Apr 25, 2022 4:51 pm by japlu

» [Python] Thinkable class
Graphics Card acceleration. EmptyTue Apr 05, 2022 7:11 pm by japlu

» owly check this out
Graphics Card acceleration. EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 5:03 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire AGI
Graphics Card acceleration. EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 4:35 pm by japlu

» Cherry Blossom Technology Launch!!!
Graphics Card acceleration. EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 10:42 am by BlueSodaX

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Graphics Card acceleration.

4 posters

Go down

Graphics Card acceleration. Empty Graphics Card acceleration.

Post  shadow Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:14 am

It seems no one's brought it up before, but will there be any form of hardware acceleration using graphics chips? Some motherboards do have integrated chips, and I believe NVIDIA has just put out the OpenCL SDK and has had CUDA for a while. Nvidia seems to have quite a few examples of CUDA being used to accelerate AI.

shadow

Back to top Go down

Graphics Card acceleration. Empty Re: Graphics Card acceleration.

Post  Aiko Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:02 am

Those motherboard are too big for Aiko body.
I have to use special small motherboard, which is limited to "power and speed"
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

http://projectaiko.com

Back to top Go down

Graphics Card acceleration. Empty Yes it does better yet its imperative to use this also.

Post  WulfCry Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:54 pm

shadow wrote:It seems no one's brought it up before, but will there be any form of hardware acceleration using graphics chips? Some motherboards do have integrated chips, and I believe NVIDIA has just put out the OpenCL SDK and has had CUDA for a while. Nvidia seems to have quite a few examples of CUDA being used to accelerate AI.

Yes there is the newer intel and amd chips comes integrated with gpu certain I5 and I7 have them not the I3 this one lacks and a variant of the I5 also lacks the gpu inside. Windows 7 support this with ''directcomputing'' which comes with directx10 and 11. Apple has OpenCl. The lates Java environment support this as well. This process is called heterogeneous it makes it possible to let your code to decide if some computing can be done on other processor. And thats very cool I've waited for this for years tried this on my first dual PIII system gave me an headache.
forks , threads etc.

Microsoft even has this experimental operating system named ''Singularity'' it should support this from the core but its difficult to read or get into. I think linux support this somehow through OpenCl or with the mono platform don't know for sure. Be on the watch to find out more about this subject here.

WulfCry

Back to top Go down

Graphics Card acceleration. Empty thinking of the impossible, but probable

Post  mikeccuk2005 Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:50 pm

such a board with would need to be a standalone system like tesla servers. In this situation would be a small - medium graphic (96cuda cores GT240 low profile) card size. For direct use; no idea if its even possible without a host main CPU, at least it does need alot of reprogramming on the card's bios itself to I/O all the component you need.

I have good faith on GPGPU tho, http://www.nvidia.com/object/evolved_machines_neural_circuit.html
If neural simulation could do 1/10 of a human brain, its a revolution !!

mikeccuk2005

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeccuk2005 Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:06 pm

Aiko wrote:Those motherboard are too big for Aiko body.
I have to use special small motherboard, which is limited to "power and speed"

I just found some nice i7 Boards
http://www.devcomments.com/-This-Tiny-Core-i7-Motherboard-Could-Almost-Fit-In-Your-Pocket-i15330.htm
Also mini-itx form factor i5-i7 does exist, should be used to pair with a low power consumption GPU such as gt220 gt240. But those i7's are power hungry, under volt/clocking will help.

Things about Ion Platforms:
Although Intel GMA-HD not support openCL. I would think Ion Platform would be capable of using general computation and openCL computation by the GPU; ion and ion2 has very small form factor. Atom CPU power is very limited, a dual core n330 would be an old 2ghz celeron.

choosing hardware would be much simpler if motherboards can fold. Pcie flexible extension cables are just making it look bad.

If any motherboard that to be fitted in Aiko's head, it has to be size of mini-itx folded in half. lol!

mikeccuk2005

Back to top Go down

Post  shadow Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:21 pm

Also another idea: why not use a basic CPU and motherboard combination for Aiko's body and have it communicate with a more powerful computer in the house using a wireless connection? This way you could use GPU acceleration, multi CPU socket motherboards, whatever you want to run AI really.

She couldn't leave the range of the wireless signal, but it will probably be a while before the necessary processing power is available for a self contained android.

shadow

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeccuk2005 Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:58 pm

shadow wrote:Also another idea: why not use a basic CPU and motherboard combination for Aiko's body and have it communicate with a more powerful computer in the house using a wireless connection? This way you could use GPU acceleration, multi CPU socket motherboards, whatever you want to run AI really.

She couldn't leave the range of the wireless signal, but it will probably be a while before the necessary processing power is available for a self contained android.

Im sure with wireless, it will come in different problems relates to latency depend on different extreme scenarios.

I think Its getting closer these days for self sustain computing. http://liliputing.com/2010/09/asrock-vision-3d-135b-is-a-home-theater-in-a-tiny-box.html
This would fit in any average human torso with the casing off, move hard drive to the head. GT425M graphics has 96 CUDA cores (over enough to 200 Gflops @1120mhz cores, the card is similar to http://www.gpureview.com/geforce-gt-240-gddr3-card-620.html)

mikeccuk2005

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiko Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:50 am

I just found some nice i7 Boards
http://www.devcomments.com/-This-Tiny-Core-i7-Motherboard-Could-Almost-Fit-In-Your-Pocket-i15330.htm
Also mini-itx form factor i5-i7 does exist, should be used
to pair with a low power consumption GPU such as gt220 gt240. But those i7's are power hungry, under volt/clocking will help.
e of mini-itx folded in half. lol!

Wow. That is a nice motherboard for its size.
That would be perfect for Aiko new mainboard.
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

http://projectaiko.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeccuk2005 Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:30 am

That is almost the half size of mini-itx. This has to related to laptop boards in some way. For self contained android, the heat sink the came with it need to mod into water cooling.
External GPU acceleration is still possible I think, Just need to know where the pinouts is. http://forum.notebookreview.com/gaming-software-graphics-cards/397667-lets-figure-out-how-make-diy-vidock.html

Nice time to see you back in the forum captain.

mikeccuk2005

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down