Project Aiko
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» introducing the cyberpunk software design pattern
Female Robot HRP-4C to Walk Japanese Catwalk - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 1:57 am by japlu

» LG book updates
Female Robot HRP-4C to Walk Japanese Catwalk - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 5:54 pm by japlu

» LivinGrimoire swift version added
Female Robot HRP-4C to Walk Japanese Catwalk - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2022 9:55 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire is now available in python as well
Female Robot HRP-4C to Walk Japanese Catwalk - Page 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2022 9:03 am by japlu

» livingrimoire auxiliary modules
Female Robot HRP-4C to Walk Japanese Catwalk - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2022 4:51 pm by japlu

» [Python] Thinkable class
Female Robot HRP-4C to Walk Japanese Catwalk - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2022 7:11 pm by japlu

» owly check this out
Female Robot HRP-4C to Walk Japanese Catwalk - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 5:03 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire AGI
Female Robot HRP-4C to Walk Japanese Catwalk - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 4:35 pm by japlu

» Cherry Blossom Technology Launch!!!
Female Robot HRP-4C to Walk Japanese Catwalk - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 10:42 am by BlueSodaX

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Female Robot HRP-4C to Walk Japanese Catwalk

+5
Balmung
Johnny91
Aiko
poto
Kal-el
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Female Robot HRP-4C to Walk Japanese Catwalk - Page 2 Empty Re: Female Robot HRP-4C to Walk Japanese Catwalk

Post  Kal-el Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:29 am

@WulfCry everybody would rather have a beach house on a tropical island instead of that robot and any robot for that matter.

@Johnny91 HRP-4C is a ongoing project, it will improve greatly over the next years but as Balmung said, its purpose at this moment is to attract publicity, its novelty is very appealing right now, in 10 years nobody will give a shit when a new robot is unveiled, same as it was with space flights.

Kal-el

Back to top Go down

Female Robot HRP-4C to Walk Japanese Catwalk - Page 2 Empty Re: Female Robot HRP-4C to Walk Japanese Catwalk

Post  Aiko Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:23 pm

Hi all,

I am still curious, why the hands are so big and the arms are so long....it's almost reach the knee.
Didn't have enough time or didn't have enough funding to redo the arms... (they only have $2 millions US R&D).

Maybe as someone mention before, it's for balance when walking.....

Maybe one day we will know the true story behind the mysterious hand....

Last edited by Aiko on Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

http://projectaiko.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal-el Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:57 pm

I read on a news website about HRP-4C where the spokesman for those who made it said that they tried their best to make it as realistic as possible in her functionality but as un-realistic as possible in her appearance so that it doesn't freak out the population.

Just think at a robot that looks like Aiko or Actroid der2,3 and moves like HRP-4C, panic all over the place{run for your lives ,the terminators are coming Laughing } , I would not be in panic but most would.

Kal-el

Back to top Go down

Female Robot HRP-4C to Walk Japanese Catwalk - Page 2 Empty hrp-4c

Post  hgyrbt Mon May 18, 2009 4:06 pm

these walking robots are not that difficult to make
i hobby around with giant walking robots 7foot
there is 3 balance points one when the legs sway
left to balance on the left foot.one to balance on
the right foot after sway right.one to balance on both
feet when the legs are swayed to the middle.

hgyrbt

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal-el Mon May 18, 2009 5:31 pm

hgyrbt wrote:these walking robots are not that difficult to make
i hobby around with giant walking robots 7foot
there is 3 balance points one when the legs sway
left to balance on the left foot.one to balance on
the right foot after sway right.one to balance on both
feet when the legs are swayed to the middle.

That sounds simple enough, you should send a message to Lee and share your experience with making your robots walk, he wants to make Aiko walk also and your experience might help a lot.

Kal-el

Back to top Go down

Post  Kthomp06 Tue May 19, 2009 1:00 am

I think your looking at an optical elusion with the hands. If you look at the woman’s hand were the crease in the thumb starts you can see the woman is holding her hand a 1/4 inch higher then HRP-4C . Plus HRP-4C has allot of dark color on her body and that also makes them look bigger.

Female Robot HRP-4C to Walk Japanese Catwalk - Page 2 Hrp4_h11
Kthomp06
Kthomp06

http://www.kennsplace.com/re.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Artilects rule! Thu May 21, 2009 12:38 am

Kthomp06 wrote:I think your looking at an optical elusion with the hands. If you look at the woman’s hand were the crease in the thumb starts you can see the woman is holding her hand a 1/4 inch higher then HRP-4C . Plus HRP-4C has allot of dark color on her body and that also makes them look bigger.

Female Robot HRP-4C to Walk Japanese Catwalk - Page 2 Hrp4_h11
Nope, her hands were purposely made too big as a weight/counter weight, like the pulley in a Grandfather Clock.
In the next version they will be made more realistic with a better silicone base, that way she will walk more normally.

Artilects rule!

Back to top Go down

Post  Kthomp06 Thu May 21, 2009 10:55 am

Well I just can't see it unless she has lead weights in her hands. Besides no one has said anything about her torso staying in one position and her hip swinging back and forth slightly. Anyway I found 2 pdf files on her big brother HRP-2L, maybe they can help. I had to copy and paste the address into the address bar to get them to load.

http://staff.aist.go.jp/k.kaneko/publications/2002_publications/02-3.pdf

http://www.is.aist.go.jp/humanoid/m_projects/PDF/02-6.pdf
Kthomp06
Kthomp06

http://www.kennsplace.com/re.html

Back to top Go down

Female Robot HRP-4C to Walk Japanese Catwalk - Page 2 Empty Hands

Post  Guest Thu May 21, 2009 10:44 pm

Well I just can't see it unless she has lead weights in her hands. Besides no one has said anything about her torso staying in one position and her hip swinging back and forth slightly. Anyway I found 2 pdf files on her big brother HRP-2L, maybe they can help. I had to copy and paste the address into the address bar to get them to load.
Actually they are magnets repelling an electromagnetic track underneath the floor, which turns on and off with every half step like the lightbulbs in Las Vegas.

Her body was made stiff purposely so her hips could swivel when she walks (purely aesthetic).
If you looked for more videos, you would've heard her speaking more in depth, like the vids with Aiko.
Only this bot has a few bugs in her speech process, facial recognition, and facial expressions so Aiko is a little more advanced in those areas.

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeccuk2005 Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:03 am

Johnny91 wrote:Huh, really its a shame for the mobo... I guess the guarantee isn't working here... Anywayz, since temperature is a problem, why don't u use something like Atom instead of c2d which is much more hot..
Well Atom N270 at 1,6ghz isn't that powerful but with 1-2 (i guess a smaller mobo means more (visually at least) space for hardware. Why don't u take a look of Asus's EEE boxes? something like that would be good i guess... After all Nehalems' turned out to be really hot, even 32nm's won't really do any good for this specific situation. Which C2D model was it? (why not C2Q btw? Q6600 isn't good? Razz)
and finally indeed the SSD's are performing a free fall right now in prices Very Happy (at last) There are plenty of 120gb's with less than 200$ ^^.

I have an atom, no good. even overclocked 2ghz is worse than a amd neo x2. Any future 32nm cpu that coming out will able to undervolt alotmore than 45 nm ones. I think like 20w as undervolted of a powerfull quad core. So far i only had found 1 p55 mini itx board. 1st p55 mini itx board affraid

mikeccuk2005

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2