Project Aiko
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» introducing the cyberpunk software design pattern
Plans to make money! - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 1:57 am by japlu

» LG book updates
Plans to make money! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 5:54 pm by japlu

» LivinGrimoire swift version added
Plans to make money! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2022 9:55 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire is now available in python as well
Plans to make money! - Page 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2022 9:03 am by japlu

» livingrimoire auxiliary modules
Plans to make money! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2022 4:51 pm by japlu

» [Python] Thinkable class
Plans to make money! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2022 7:11 pm by japlu

» owly check this out
Plans to make money! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 5:03 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire AGI
Plans to make money! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 4:35 pm by japlu

» Cherry Blossom Technology Launch!!!
Plans to make money! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 10:42 am by BlueSodaX

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Plans to make money!

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Plans to make money! - Page 2 Empty Re: Plans to make money!

Post  Kthomp06 Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:10 am

One other thing I don’t understand, people having the idea that Aiko would only benefit certon countries or groups of people. A lot of people hirer people to cut their grass, to free up their time and pay hundreds of dollars each year. What if Aiko could cut the grass, walk the dog, wash the windows, clean the toilet, wash the cloths, make lunch, and more. Ok now how would she benefit? Sorry I let my imagination think out of the box sometimes way out of the box.
Kthomp06
Kthomp06

http://www.kennsplace.com/re.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Artilects rule! Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:36 am

Kthomp06 wrote:One other thing I don’t understand, people having the idea that Aiko would only benefit certon countries or groups of people. A lot of people hirer people to cut their grass, to free up their time and pay hundreds of dollars each year. What if Aiko could cut the grass, walk the dog, wash the windows, clean the toilet, wash the cloths, make lunch, and more. Ok now how would she benefit? Sorry I let my imagination think out of the box sometimes way out of the box.
You really are outside the box.
Did you ever see that Outer Limits episode where an android (Valery Mark 2) is set up to be a baby sitter, but the board wouldn't allow it because Valery Mark 1 (sex droid) went bizerk upon accessing her emotion chip, so the children of the inventor were ginny pigs?

I don't think walking the dogs or mowing the lawn would be the best jobs for her.
You can get people to do those things.
Aiko was created to be a guilt free live in mistress, something American men crave (unconditional love).

Artilects rule!

Back to top Go down

Post  Kthomp06 Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:24 am

I don’t think I saw that episode and your talking about a TV show with a story line that was made so that you watch the show. Ok lets take a look at that show, in it you have a Mark 1 and a Mark 2. I see 2 different models, 1 programmed to be a sex droid and 1 programmed to be a civil servant. A model could have a female framework or a male framework or both. Ok as far as malfunctions go every thing malfunctions every now and then.

Example you go out to your car one morning and it doesn’t want to start, that’s a malfunction. Do you chuck the car maybe if has done it for the 20th time, but most of the time you bring it to a service center and have a diagnostic run on it then fixed.

Example 2 you go onto a plan and while in the air it has a malfunction and crash-lands hopefully not killing anyone. Do they scrap all the plans no they check all the plans for that malfunction repair the one with that malfunction and keep on flying.

Back to the robot did it have the 3 laws hard wired into its system so that if that type of malfunction occurs it would shut it self down so that it does no harm to humans? No because it a TV show designed to entertain you.

Back to Aiko, I’m not looking to take away peoples jobs. I’m asking you to open your mind to the unlimited capabilities of her. When I look at the capabilities of Aiko I go back to the first annoying question a child ask “why” and I add, “why not” or “why couldn’t she do that”.

Besides ever ones going on about where she’s going to be build, what she’s going to do, who’s going to buy her. Has anyone though how you’re going to power her and I mean with out using batteries, because my laptop only runs for an hour or so on batteries?

Well I have and it could run for say 100 years and it not nuclear or fusion and it environmentally safe. If you think inside the box you’ll say no way, but if you’re out side the box you have a possibility. I just have to build it and test it first.
Kthomp06
Kthomp06

Back to top Go down

Post  Artilects rule! Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:45 pm

Actually in that show she had an ethics routine built in her saying she would not do bodily harm to humans and would not physically attack someone that's programmed into her memory, and when force is needed, she must not do harm until the authorities arrive (has silent alarm built in).

It ended up that the children were having a physical argument as children do, and they were locked in separate rooms so there would be no conflict.
When the inventor's wife saw this, she attempted to turn her off (another condition was an anti tampering device) and she was picked up off the ground and held to the wall until her husband came home.

As for your car scenario, if you were a mother and it was on your child's foot and couldn't start, I expect the mother wouldn't drive the car again after that traumatic experience.
I say this because one of your suggestions was walking dogs which are often regarded as children.
If something went disastrously wrong like in that episode, this would be bad for the yumecom name let alone Aiko.

Artilects rule!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:12 pm

Artilects rule! wrote:
Kthomp06 wrote:One other thing I don’t understand, people having the idea that Aiko would only benefit certon countries or groups of people. A lot of people hirer people to cut their grass, to free up their time and pay hundreds of dollars each year. What if Aiko could cut the grass, walk the dog, wash the windows, clean the toilet, wash the cloths, make lunch, and more. Ok now how would she benefit? Sorry I let my imagination think out of the box sometimes way out of the box.
Did you ever see that Outer Limits episode where an android (Valery Mark 2) is set up to be a baby sitter, but the board wouldn't allow it because Valery Mark 1 (sex droid) went bizerk upon accessing her emotion chip, so the children of the inventor were ginny pigs?

I don't think walking the dogs or mowing the lawn would be the best jobs for her.
Aiko was created to be a guilt free live in mistress, something American men crave (unconditional love).

I recall an episode of the original Twilight Zone about the robot nanny who grew old and when she was no longer needed, recycled and her collective memories went in to a central database to be shared among all the other robotic nannies.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kthomp06 Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:27 pm

Ok so what I’ve read so far is that the children were being bad and not listening to the robot. There for the robot lock them in their bedrooms as a punishment like any parent would do. I see no problem there, it followed its subroutine solved the problem and didn’t harm the children. As for the wife, she tried to damage the robot so now the robot has to deal with two subroutine (do no harm and self preservation). So what does the robot do it pins the wife to the wall and waits for the husband (inverter) to come home. So as far as I see the robot didn’t harm to the people, it didn’t become an axe murderer and tried to kill them. Yes this is a terrifying situation, but let say you get into a car accident which is a equally terrifying situation when you get well do you stop driving car? Some do, most people keep driving. When the husband come home did the robot let the wife and children go?

Ok so what did I learn here?
A) Both adult figures should have the ability to shut the robot down. Perhaps a remote that can shut down limb function or a command word like deactivate.
B) Perhaps we should run control simulations to see how the robot handles certain situations to work the bugs out.

I didn’t get this part because when I read it, it sound like you left things out. Sorry

As for your car scenario, if you were a mother and it was an your child's foot and couldn't start, I expect the mother wouldn't drive the car again after that traumatic experience.
I say this because one of your suggestions was walking dogs which are often regarded as children.

As for something going wrong, I would expect something to go wrong and would hope that it happens in lab so that it could be dealt with.

As for an impact to Yumecom, that is why you test thing out. You don’t through a robot together and slap a label on it to sell it on the open market.

Here’s an example, car first came out with no seat belts people got killed, lap belts were added people still got killed, they added head rest and shoulder belt people still got killed. People were in control so they added air bags that took the control away and now not so many people get killed. Did they stop making car, have people stop buying these so called death traps? No
Kthomp06
Kthomp06

Back to top Go down

Post  Kthomp06 Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:38 pm

Shashinka Ichiban wrote:
Artilects rule! wrote:

I recall an episode of the original Twilight Zone about the robot nanny who grew old and when she was no longer needed, recycled and her collective memories went in to a central database to be shared among all the other robotic nannies.

Why wait to recycle her, you people where talking before about adding USB and WIFI.
Kthomp06
Kthomp06

Back to top Go down

Post  Kthomp06 Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:48 pm

Yes I am way outside the box, so far that it drove my mom nuts and she still can’t figure me out to this day.

When I was in kindergarten the teacher gave us clay to play with and all the other kids made cups, bracelets, and things. I made a kangaroo with a little baby in its pouch, needles to say the teacher was so imprested that she gave it to the principle and it got put on the front desk for all the kids to see. Then came the tests, they found out that my creativity was way high then all the other kids in the school. But it has its drawbacks, I don’t learn the way everyone else does and teachers don’t have the time to help me when I don’t get what they’re trying to teach. So I had to teach my self everything that I know and it’s very difficult to get a job when you don’t have a degree but you can take their item apart and put it back together faster and better then anyone else can. It’s very hard to have friends how think that you think you know everything, but your just trying to help them.

So yes I think way outside of the box.
Kthomp06
Kthomp06

Back to top Go down

Post  Artilects rule! Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:43 pm

Kthomp06 wrote:Yes I am way outside the box, so far that it drove my mom nuts and she still can’t figure me out to this day.

When I was in kindergarten the teacher gave us clay to play with and all the other kids made cups, bracelets, and things. I made a kangaroo with a little baby in its pouch, needles to say the teacher was so imprested that she gave it to the principle and it got put on the front desk for all the kids to see. Then came the tests, they found out that my creativity was way high then all the other kids in the school. But it has its drawbacks, I don’t learn the way everyone else does and teachers don’t have the time to help me when I don’t get what they’re trying to teach. So I had to teach my self everything that I know and it’s very difficult to get a job when you don’t have a degree but you can take their item apart and put it back together faster and better then anyone else can. It’s very hard to have friends how think that you think you know everything, but your just trying to help them.

So yes I think way outside of the box.
I didn't mean that as an insult.
In fact I can relate a little.
In school (I think it was kindergarten) we were given a pack of crayons, paint brushes, magic markers, etc. and given something to draw, sketch, paint, or color.
Naturally I chose the easy one, color.
The subject, the sky and clouds.
While everyone was doing blue sky and white clouds, I was looking at it from a sunset perspective adding rose, pink, and orange.
This angered the teacher that I was (her words) "doing it wrong," and took the paper away in mid coloring.

Another time, as a highschool Freshman, I took what I thought was gonna be an easy class, art.
It wasn't so easy, so I decided to practice drawing every once in a while.
The subject, a cartoon animal on a little pin I had.
The thing was, I was wearing the pin at the time and was looking at it upside down.
I was amazed I was doing a pretty good job of it too.

Unfortunately, in a place of learning without creativity, you are generally regarded as a freak if not a charity case. Crying or Very sad

Artilects rule!

Back to top Go down

Post  Kthomp06 Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:41 am

That's ok I didn't take it as a insult, it gave me an opening to tell you how I am. And you can relate. Here what I drew in 11th grade art class. It was suppose to be a line art design in color, this is what you get when you leave it open. I took my name off becuase you know how is still watching the forum.

Plans to make money! - Page 2 Drawin10
Kthomp06
Kthomp06

Back to top Go down

Post  Kthomp06 Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:43 am

I don’t think you did your drawing I think the teacher’s wrong, she failed to see. Heck you could’ve used all the dark crayons and called it nighttime, which would have really got her goat.

So did you give the power supply any thought? It’s not nuclear, it’s not fusion, it’s not solar, and it’s not coal or oil.

I’ll give you a hint, it’s natural in nature and man has formed it into something he can use, plus you probably have one in your home right now.
Kthomp06
Kthomp06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2