Project Aiko
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» introducing the cyberpunk software design pattern
Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 1:57 am by japlu

» LG book updates
Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 5:54 pm by japlu

» LivinGrimoire swift version added
Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2022 9:55 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire is now available in python as well
Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start - Page 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2022 9:03 am by japlu

» livingrimoire auxiliary modules
Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2022 4:51 pm by japlu

» [Python] Thinkable class
Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2022 7:11 pm by japlu

» owly check this out
Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 5:03 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire AGI
Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 4:35 pm by japlu

» Cherry Blossom Technology Launch!!!
Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 10:42 am by BlueSodaX

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start

+5
ico
WulfCry
Discoman
Artilects rule!
Aiko
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start - Page 2 Empty Re: Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start

Post  animeunplugged Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:25 pm

maybe a silicon chip would work for this project.
animeunplugged
animeunplugged

http://syfyrobotics.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start - Page 2 Empty motion control design

Post  minoru2 Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:49 pm

Sorry work has kept me away most of this year. That some of you are going to try to build the thing blows my mind! Using an Iphone 4gs main board is a great idea for the internal processing of the doll. That way you can use the broadband to 'export' many of the AI functions to an external server. Things like Speech to text, text to speech; route planning, Face recognition and tracking, and goal seeking. The audio out is going to need mods to be louder, As the doll will need to be heard across a room. However all this cool IO stuff depends on the bot being able to move with confidence. This is not a trivial problem, in both hardware design and software design. Only recently have I seen a Japanese robot of small size (3 feet) be able to bend over a pick up a small object. I agree that if 15cm is tool small, by all means increase the frame size. However weight, balance, and power issues all become more difficult with increased size. I agree with the Elect engineer that you need to look at the motor / actuator market, choose the most cost effective models and resize you doll as needed. With each appendage how many degrees of freedom are required? I expect a minimum of 4 position sensors for each appendage, plus the head and torso. all these inputs need to be interpreted / coordinated with a kinetics / physics engine that takes commands from the higher level AI software. This is very demanding graduate level work, but is fundamental to making all the other cool stuff possible. If this is not for you, if you more interested in the hi level AI programming, then I suggest you use an Avatar in a virtual world first. This is a hot topic in 'Second Life' right now. See 'chatbots' or AI store clerks. Also Checkout He is far along in developing a virtual personal assistant that performs many of the functions performed by 'Sumomo' in chobits. In one sense, Sumomo is very athletic, very physical in her body language. Kotoko is more sedate. Perhaps Kotoko is a better choice for prototyping motion control in a doll. The bottom line is that the doll MUST HAVE REAL TIME BALANCE CONTROL, all else is secondary. Go for it!!!

minoru2

Back to top Go down

Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start - Page 2 Empty motion control design.

Post  minoru2 Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:55 pm

OH the url link was blocked. Google Guile3d. Virtual personal assistant as in w w w Guile3d c o m

minoru2

Back to top Go down

Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start - Page 2 Empty Re: Sumomo from Chobits Robot Project Start

Post  animeunplugged Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:09 pm

minoru2 wrote:Sorry work has kept me away most of this year. That some of you are going to try to build the thing blows my mind! Using an Iphone 4gs main board is a great idea for the internal processing of the doll. That way you can use the broadband to 'export' many of the AI functions to an external server. Things like Speech to text, text to speech; route planning, Face recognition and tracking, and goal seeking. The audio out is going to need mods to be louder, As the doll will need to be heard across a room. However all this cool IO stuff depends on the bot being able to move with confidence. This is not a trivial problem, in both hardware design and software design. Only recently have I seen a Japanese robot of small size (3 feet) be able to bend over a pick up a small object. I agree that if 15cm is tool small, by all means increase the frame size. However weight, balance, and power issues all become more difficult with increased size. I agree with the Elect engineer that you need to look at the motor / actuator market, choose the most cost effective models and resize you doll as needed. With each appendage how many degrees of freedom are required? I expect a minimum of 4 position sensors for each appendage, plus the head and torso. all these inputs need to be interpreted / coordinated with a kinetics / physics engine that takes commands from the higher level AI software. This is very demanding graduate level work, but is fundamental to making all the other cool stuff possible. If this is not for you, if you more interested in the hi level AI programming, then I suggest you use an Avatar in a virtual world first. This is a hot topic in 'Second Life' right now. See 'chatbots' or AI store clerks. Also Checkout He is far along in developing a virtual personal assistant that performs many of the functions performed by 'Sumomo' in chobits. In one sense, Sumomo is very athletic, very physical in her body language. Kotoko is more sedate. Perhaps Kotoko is a better choice for prototyping motion control in a doll. The bottom line is that the doll MUST HAVE REAL TIME BALANCE CONTROL, all else is secondary. Go for it!!!

wow thoses are some GREAT IDEAS!!
animeunplugged
animeunplugged

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:45 am

using iphone 4 confused

Back to top Go down

Post  animeunplugged Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:38 am

I think they mean using parts of the Iphone 4 I'm guessing
animeunplugged
animeunplugged

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:23 pm

i dont know if will work
and if worked it would be slow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2