Project Aiko
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» introducing the cyberpunk software design pattern
Old Idea for video demo - I'm still waiting :) EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 1:57 am by japlu

» LG book updates
Old Idea for video demo - I'm still waiting :) EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 5:54 pm by japlu

» LivinGrimoire swift version added
Old Idea for video demo - I'm still waiting :) EmptySat Jul 23, 2022 9:55 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire is now available in python as well
Old Idea for video demo - I'm still waiting :) EmptyTue May 03, 2022 9:03 am by japlu

» livingrimoire auxiliary modules
Old Idea for video demo - I'm still waiting :) EmptyMon Apr 25, 2022 4:51 pm by japlu

» [Python] Thinkable class
Old Idea for video demo - I'm still waiting :) EmptyTue Apr 05, 2022 7:11 pm by japlu

» owly check this out
Old Idea for video demo - I'm still waiting :) EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 5:03 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire AGI
Old Idea for video demo - I'm still waiting :) EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 4:35 pm by japlu

» Cherry Blossom Technology Launch!!!
Old Idea for video demo - I'm still waiting :) EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 10:42 am by BlueSodaX

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Old Idea for video demo - I'm still waiting :)

+2
Aiko
rgsluimers
6 posters

Go down

Old Idea for video demo - I'm still waiting :) Empty Old Idea for video demo - I'm still waiting :)

Post  rgsluimers Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:18 am

hey Very Happy

It's been what, a year since I donated and was hoping for a demo?

I don't really mind now since I'm more glad to see you're making progress.
There were some people thinking you were a fraud, so I wasn't sure anymore you would continue your work.

But I hope you remember LeTrung that you've promised to do a parody opening of chobits with you and aiko. geek

rgsluimers

Back to top Go down

Old Idea for video demo - I'm still waiting :) Empty Re: Old Idea for video demo - I'm still waiting :)

Post  Aiko Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:16 pm

Hi,

Sure, I will do a parody.
Please, let me know the type of parody.
Remember Aiko can NOT moves her legs, so keep it simple.
Hopefully, Aiko will be able to move her legs one day.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ_akzD8aK4

I could do a simple parody of the op intro of chobits.
It will be very simple, since I don't have editing software...

Unless, you have other idea of parody, please let me know.
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

http://projectaiko.com

Back to top Go down

Old Idea for video demo - I'm still waiting :) Empty Yes, that's intro I was talking about months earlier.

Post  rgsluimers Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:23 pm

You don't have any friends who can edit for you?

I'm hoping they´d become as good as these two:

Parody on card captor sakura
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ez2e0W7qFp4

Parody on sailormoon
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt9fCoAn7uQ

rgsluimers

Back to top Go down

Old Idea for video demo - I'm still waiting :) Empty Re: Old Idea for video demo - I'm still waiting :)

Post  Aiko Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:25 pm

arrr...

The card captor sakura was a bit too much for me. My eyes are still hurting from watching it.

I was thinking of this
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=BkfVjXxzvNc

But with chobits op theme song with Aiko as Chii.
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rgsluimers Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:51 pm

What's the difference? They both try to live-action the openings and do a good job at that.

And yes Aiko as Chii and you as Hideki.

rgsluimers

Back to top Go down

Post  AIKO FAN Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:11 am

that little robot has alot of range maybe u can take that and upgrade it to human size. it would be awesome to see aiko dance

p.s. ur vietnamese right????

AIKO FAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiko Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:20 pm

Yes, I am Vietnamese, but I don't know how to read or write or speak.
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Old Idea for video demo - I'm still waiting :) Empty laptop persocoms have development advantages.

Post  captquazar Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:03 pm

The KHR series recent improvments certainly gives opportunity to build on. Yes you Can't yet stuff the AI and visual processing inside that small body. And you can't scale up the engineering bolt for bolt. But you can test your body coordination, balance, and real time feedback issues via wifi. The software design is the big hurdle. And while your getting that to work, the bot is going to be falling over, and falling over, and falling over. You can't afford that with Aiko. It would destroy her. Perhaps their would be too many mass inertia issues between the two for a scale model to be a practical test bed. This just occured to me. Have a overhead track in the ceiling. Bungi cords on rollers would loosly attach to Aiko. So when she falls over the bungi cords save her from hitting the floor. Le, you must have a plan aready. How are you going to test and debug the walking?

captquazar

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiko Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:05 am

Yes, the BRAINS software does work with the Kondo KHR series. You can control it using bluethooth headset.... you can watch the youtube video of it....
I think I uploaded that a long time ago.

If I had the money I think it would take about 4-5 months to make the legs.
It will be do or die, It either works or I fail miserably, but first I will make it stand, then balance on one leg......
need to calculate the center of gravity etc...
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Old Idea for video demo - I'm still waiting :) Empty Where did the sponsorship go?

Post  rgsluimers Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:27 am

Where did the sponsor for a minute video option go?

Anyway I'm still waiting for my video for over a year now Crying or Very sad . I have donated some extra money now, because it wasn't exactly fair wanting you to do a 2+ minute video while I've only paid for one. I still like to see that Chobits parody.. plus I want you to sponsor someone now. APG.
Here's the logo:

Old Idea for video demo - I'm still waiting :) Apg_logo

It's a pension administration organisation. I'd like to see that logo on her chobits outfit plus website www.apggroup.com during the video.

rgsluimers

Back to top Go down

Old Idea for video demo - I'm still waiting :) Empty Website link

Post  Guest Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:57 am

That kind of thing would be best for the newest Apple Quicktime, unless you don't need a clickable link to your site.

Back to top Go down

Post  Artilects rule! Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:19 am

rgsluimers wrote:hey Very Happy

It's been what, a year since I donated and was hoping for a demo?

I don't really mind now since I'm more glad to see you're making progress.
There were some people thinking you were a fraud, so I wasn't sure anymore you would continue your work.

But I hope you remember LeTrung that you've promised to do a parody opening of chobits with you and aiko. geek
Well what about this?
Steel Angel Kurumi - My Sweetness AMV

Not good quality if converted.

Artilects rule!

Back to top Go down

Post  rgsluimers Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:10 pm

Guest wrote:That kind of thing would be best for the newest Apple Quicktime, unless you don't need a clickable link to your site.

Question What do you mean?

Well what about this?
Steel Angel Kurumi - My Sweetness AMV

That's no live action parody with Aiko in it.

Last edited by rgsluimers on Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

rgsluimers

Back to top Go down

Old Idea for video demo - I'm still waiting :) Empty It's popping, it's magical, it's wonderful! It's lyrical, it's comical, I'm falling in love, I'm melting! Look, it's Kurumi! (Pioneer's translation)

Post  Guest Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:10 pm

Question What do you mean? Question

That's nolive action parody with Aiko in it.
I just meant Quicktime has the clickable link capabilities, but I heard Google/Youtube is working on it too.

Those are really clips of the movies.
I know it's not Chobits, but it's too cute to pass up. clown bounce

Back to top Go down

Post  rgsluimers Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:33 pm

Guest wrote:
I just meant Quicktime has the clickable link capabilities, but I heard Google/Youtube is working on it too.

Those are really clips of the movies.
I know it's not Chobits, but it's too cute to pass up. clown bounce

I see. I thought youtube already had that.

Anyway that clip is nice, but I figure is very hard to do, I mean compare it with the movements she has to make to completely affectionately parody the opening of chobits:

Letrung, you could also do a slideshow like this one if that's easier for you (and I've donated just enough for 4 and half minutes of video).
I would like to see it before release though.

rgsluimers

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal-el Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:03 am

The picture slideshow video should be easier than to make a video, good idea to make a chobits parody.

Rgsluimers nice that you donated for the project.

Kal-el

Back to top Go down

Post  rgsluimers Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:52 pm

Pleasure is all mine. Are you part of LeTrung's team Kal-el? I might want to work for you guys if possible. Currently I am getting kicked out of college, as a second/thrid/fourth year student in computer science, due to internet addiction. (Without supervision I tend to stay at home for silly reasons and visit tvtropes nonstop for 2 two weeks for example. As an intern at a game company this hasn't happened though.) I'm really impressed by what LeTrung has done so far and I see a number of potential huge goldmines as soon as aiko starts walking.

I could probably also bring in a sponsor as my father is chairman of APG (the donation so far is out of my own pocket money).

rgsluimers

Back to top Go down

Old Idea for video demo - I'm still waiting :) Empty Self employed

Post  Guest Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:50 pm

I'm pretty sure it's a one man show there.
I don't think he has any kind of team, but I think volunteer work would be nice if you don't mind working for less than minimum wage (in other words, working for nothing).
Maybe he can pay you with dates with topless women. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Old Idea for video demo - I'm still waiting :) Empty he dropout

Post  WulfCry Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:10 am

He rgsluimers hoe kun jij jezelf dat nou aan doen om uit college te worden getrapt silly rabit eens een dropout altijd een dropout wist je dat niet Very Happy

WulfCry

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal-el Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:14 am

rgsluimers wrote:Pleasure is all mine. Are you part of LeTrung's team Kal-el? I might want to work for you guys if possible. Currently I am getting kicked out of college, as a second/thrid/fourth year student in computer science, due to internet addiction. (Without supervision I tend to stay at home for silly reasons and visit tvtropes nonstop for 2 two weeks for example. As an intern at a game company this hasn't happened though.) I'm really impressed by what LeTrung has done so far and I see a number of potential huge goldmines as soon as aiko starts walking.

I could probably also bring in a sponsor as my father is chairman of APG (the donation so far is out of my own pocket money).

I'm not working with Lee, I just visit this site from time to time because I'm an anime fan and passionate for technology and as you, I can't wait to see Aiko walking.

From what I know Lee doesn't have the money to hire someone, he tries to finish Aiko by himself.

And if you're getting kicked out of college because internet addiction, do this, take a knife and cut the internet cable in many pieces then throw your monitor off the window and sell the computer, this is what I did when i was in high school because I was staying too much on it, except for throwing the monitor out the window.

Kal-el

Back to top Go down

Post  rgsluimers Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:23 pm

Kal-el wrote:

I'm not working with Lee, I just visit this site from time to time because I'm an anime fan and passionate for technology and as you, I can't wait to see Aiko walking.

From what I know Lee doesn't have the money to hire someone, he tries to finish Aiko by himself.

And if you're getting kicked out of college because internet addiction, do this, take a knife and cut the internet cable in many pieces then throw your monitor off the window and sell the computer, this is what I did when i was in high school because I was staying too much on it, except for throwing the monitor out the window.

Money is no problem for me. I can work for squat, no problem there.
It's too late for me to disconnect from the net. I'm already past the point of no return,
besides, I study computer science, how am I supposed to study computer science without the use of a computer and the net?

I wonder what LeTrung is up to. He seems absent but I'll bet he's so busy working on aiko that he has no time to check on the forum or his mail.

rgsluimers

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal-el Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:51 pm

rgsluimers wrote:
Kal-el wrote:

Money is no problem for me. I can work for squat, no problem there.
It's too late for me to disconnect from the net. I'm already past the point of no return,
besides, I study computer science, how am I supposed to study computer science without the use of a computer and the net?

I wonder what LeTrung is up to. He seems absent but I'll bet he's so busy working on aiko that he has no time to check on the forum or his mail.

I don't know, ask him if he needs free help in software development because in hardware development you can't help him since he's in Canada and you in Holland.

But I have the impression that he wants to build it his way, don't know.

I think he doesn't have time to check the site and email very often because 2 months ago he said that he'll get a full time job to have the money to finish the robot.

Kal-el

Back to top Go down

Post  rgsluimers Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:40 pm

I think he doesn't have time to check the site and email very often because 2 months ago he said that he'll get a full time job to have the money to finish the robot.

Really? That's a shame.

I did get an e-mail back though.
Letrung is saying that Aiko is badly damaged on her arms Sad

I doubt he wants me on if he's making a team as I don't have the right skills but his reply was in half broken english so it was hard to tell. He told me, he might need someone to correct his grammar.. hmmm....

He is also talked about investing.. man.. those investors that approached him so far seem to want everything for nothing. They want the doll, the technology, the whole thing.

I don't know, ask him if he needs free help in software development because in hardware development you can't help him since he's in Canada and you in Holland.

Well then...Canada, here I come Razz

rgsluimers

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal-el Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:08 am

He said that he dropped the robot when he was transporting it to a gathering that should have been Aiko ver 1 last appearance before he starts making ver 2, that really sucks. No

I didn't thought it's that bad, bah, a motor or two can be replaced.

Correcting the grammar in his programming doesn't sound very interesting to me, if you want to be part of that project you should either do part of programming or be the investor, if you don't have the skills but you have the money since you said that your father is a executive at a company you should try be the investor.

Ask your father to teach you how to make business contracts, what's the profit margin you should aim for a business(meaning the percentage of the profit based on what you invested), what are the bureaucracy hurdles into opening,owning and managing a business(in short taxes and paper work).

I thought about investing in this project but it was just a thought because I don't have enough money.

The market for this kind of robots will be big, at first first you should buy the servo-motors to make Aiko walk, this way the publicity for it will be huge, then improve the fluency of all of her movements and make its software as complex as possible( to be able to do a lot of things) and in improving her software you'll need to improve the hardware(computing power) also because Lee said that the BRAINs software already uses 99% of the current CPU, a Core 2 Duo, so you'll have to buy a better one and a new motherboard for it.

As a storage unit you'll have to use a small SSD because a mechanical hard drive might not resist the shocks of movements.

After the prototype robot walks, moves fluently, knows a lot of things, start testing it for endurance and bugs in the software, try and make it as sturdy and reliable as possible if you want to sell this kind of robots.

If the prototype is sturdy,reliable, no major bugs then try and sell it, if you manage to sell the first one then you'll have the money to build a another one and sell that one also, and so on... if the demand is very big you can build more than one at once.

The problem is the big price of servo motors but even so you have a huge advantage in Lee's software and expertize, you have to keep the price under 20.000$ and there is a market for it.

You'll only bring the money needed to complete the prototype and Lee will build them.

I think that's what he wants, to build them by himself not sell the prototype and software to a company and he is left with nothing but the small amount they pay him for the prototype and software.

I say you should have 25% and Lee 75% in the company, at first he comes with the incomplete prototype,BRAINs software, expertize to build them and he will build all of them by himself and you come with money to complete the prototype, no expertize on your behalf.

Why him 75%? because the incomplete prototype already cost 25.000$, the BRAINs software is unique and took a lot of years to make and he will build them by himself.

Why you just 25%? Because completing the prototype(walking, taste buds,new improved hardware,cooling system, etc) will cost around 14.000$ and Lee will do the software completion by himself, so 25% should be a great deal for you even though you'll take some risks with this project because it might not sell, you never know, at least Lee is doing this as a hobby not for money so he doesn't care that much if it sells or not but you do.

You ask your father to have a lawyer make you this contract, you send it to Lee and if he's ok with it he signs it and you're in business.

To sum it up in a phrase: You invest 14.000$ now with contracts signed(contracts made by your father's lawyer) and you get 25% of all the profit that comes out of all the robots that will be build by Lee.

At every robot you two should have a profit of 10% of the cost(20.000$ the cost to make one), meaning 2000$ at every robot, so at every robot you get 1/4 of that= 500$, when around 24 robots have been sold you got back what you invested and you'll keep getting 1/4 of the profit that the future robots(over 24 numbers) will make, meaning that you'll make money(over 14000$).

This is how business is being done.

Kal-el

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down