Project Aiko
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» introducing the cyberpunk software design pattern
Legal protection EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 1:57 am by japlu

» LG book updates
Legal protection EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 5:54 pm by japlu

» LivinGrimoire swift version added
Legal protection EmptySat Jul 23, 2022 9:55 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire is now available in python as well
Legal protection EmptyTue May 03, 2022 9:03 am by japlu

» livingrimoire auxiliary modules
Legal protection EmptyMon Apr 25, 2022 4:51 pm by japlu

» [Python] Thinkable class
Legal protection EmptyTue Apr 05, 2022 7:11 pm by japlu

» owly check this out
Legal protection EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 5:03 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire AGI
Legal protection EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 4:35 pm by japlu

» Cherry Blossom Technology Launch!!!
Legal protection EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 10:42 am by BlueSodaX

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Legal protection

4 posters

Go down

Legal protection Empty Legal protection

Post  Kathleen Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:02 pm

Hi Mr. Trung,

It is an honour and a privilege to be able to communicate directly with a brilliant man like you. I am amazed by your accomplishment, especially considering how little money you have done this with.

It seems very strange that you do not already have major corporate funding. It's obvious to me that there is a tremendous amount of money to be made from a perfected android.

Have you considered the need to protect yourself legally with the appropriate patents and so forth? Also, if you do get funding either from an individual or corporation, you should be very careful with any contract that they want you to sign. I would not be at all surprised if someone tries to rip you off. I suggest that you request on your home page that a lawyer donate services to you pro bono (i.e., free), as you are obviously pouring every cent you have into your project and probably can't afford to pay legal bills.

I don't think you have posted enough information about your technology that anyone can steal it, and I strongly suggest you avoid doing so in future. I believe Aiko is a gold mine, and the person making money from this should be you.

Kathleen

Kathleen

Back to top Go down

Legal protection Empty Re: Legal protection

Post  Aiko Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:58 pm

Hi Kathleen,

Sound like a right thing to do, but unfortunately lawyers don't work for free.
I will worry about it when some companies sponsor the project.

And if someone copy the technology, well that is nothing much I can do about that.
Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

http://projectaiko.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Felomnibus Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:46 am

I think you can get sufficent "legal protection" by open sourcing at least the software. By using a GPL license, for example, you can protect from stealing. Infact the Free Software Foundation have lawyers and if they see violations they can do something (and most important thing you will not pay the bill Wink ).

I think that open sourcing the software can be the right step. You can get help from many people and I don't think that the missing comments from the source code would not be a big problem. I have seen many other software with bad comment or without comments at all and released with an open source license.
The hardware part I think that the designs can be released under creative commons or some like that.

You can have many people that works on this project and you can have the absolute control over it like Linus Torvalds with the Linux kernel.

Mr. Trung please consider this and let the community know this project in deep and I think that many people want to help in many ways.

Felomnibus

Back to top Go down

Legal protection Empty Good Idea

Post  Takiyon Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:56 am

If The project were to be open sourced. You will definately see such a collaboration in Aiko that I would only imagine the speed of progress. Aside from monetary funds. Her software would become very advanced in a shorter amount of time. You could probably do something similar with her body.

Takiyon

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiko Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:12 am

Hi

I always find open source will be slower, the more people you have on a project the slower it will get.
Code conflict, think differently, more meetings...etc....
Maybe just me... don't know

Maybe in the future, but not now, not until I finish Aiko v2.
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

http://projectaiko.com

Back to top Go down

Post  v Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:14 am

Opensource generally works like this: there are a few people that really care about the project: they make many code commits to the version control system (SVN). There are then other people who make a code patch or 2 every so often and send this to the main people who review it and commit it if they like it. There then is the person who created the project: he has full control and can turn off or on commit access for others (usually he only turns it on, because once you're a good programmer on the team why turn it off?) and makes lots of code commits himself, also his "tree" is the main branch of the project.

There are never meetings etc. Sometimes there is irc or mailing list discussion, whatever the project maintainer want's to code he does (think of linus trovalds with linux). Progress is swift.

v

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down