Project Aiko
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» introducing the cyberpunk software design pattern
Aiko as a Love Doll EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 1:57 am by japlu

» LG book updates
Aiko as a Love Doll EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 5:54 pm by japlu

» LivinGrimoire swift version added
Aiko as a Love Doll EmptySat Jul 23, 2022 9:55 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire is now available in python as well
Aiko as a Love Doll EmptyTue May 03, 2022 9:03 am by japlu

» livingrimoire auxiliary modules
Aiko as a Love Doll EmptyMon Apr 25, 2022 4:51 pm by japlu

» [Python] Thinkable class
Aiko as a Love Doll EmptyTue Apr 05, 2022 7:11 pm by japlu

» owly check this out
Aiko as a Love Doll EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 5:03 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire AGI
Aiko as a Love Doll EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 4:35 pm by japlu

» Cherry Blossom Technology Launch!!!
Aiko as a Love Doll EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 10:42 am by BlueSodaX

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Aiko as a Love Doll

+7
Artilects rule!
WulfCry
nalan
Konrad13
Aiko
Kal-el
Suze
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Aiko as a Love Doll Empty Aiko as a Love Doll

Post  SilverTi Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:55 am

It is a pleasure to be able to speak with you Mr. Trung, if only over a forum. Your dedication to Aiko and robotics is truly an inspiration. It's amazing what you've done so far. Not to mention that you've done this largely single-handedly.

Perhaps I should introduce a little about myself and why I am hopeful of what your work is accomplishing.
Well, where to begin... I've always wanted to fall in love and raise a family of my own. Much to my dismay, I've never met a woman who wanted to accomplish those things with me. In fact, I've been rejected by every single girl that I've ever asked to be my girlfriend. Yes, that's every girl. No girl has ever said she loved me. No girl has ever let me kiss her. Perhaps my personality is a turn-off or perhaps my appearance is a turn-off. I don't know.
As human beings we all have a part of ourselves that craves for companionship with the opposite sex. I'm on a losing streak of about 0-~40 and I can only take so many rejections before I just give up.
I've known ever since junior high school that raising a family in this day and age costs a lot more money than it did in the past. For that reason, I've been saving about 50% of my income ever since I first started working after college. Unfortunately, if I can't get a girlfriend then there's no way I'll be able to get a wife and start a family. What will I do with the money I've saved?
I believe that there is a market (especially in Japan) for robots which can simulate relationships. Certainly, my quality of life would increase dramatically if there was some 'being' by my side that said, "Good morning" when I get up or "I love you" as I leave for work or "I missed you so much" as I hug her when I come home. I crave to hear those words.
To have a girl like that who would support me in even such simple ways would make my life heaven.
Of course, as a male I also have a healthy, if unused, sex drive. The physical part of a relationship is just as important as the mental and so my future girl would also have to have those capabilities.
In the search for love, I'm sure some men will do some pretty crazy things. If my life continues as an eternal bachelor, I will certainly become financially secure. I've always been frugal and saved as much money as I could.
If there were a robot on the market which could simulate a simple relationship, this bachelor here would pay up to $100,000 US. After that, my search for a girl would be finally over. A girl like that would be enough for me.
I'm only about half-way there right now but I should have that amount in a few more years.
How much would it cost to build a love-robot like the one I've described from scratch? Materials plus labor.

There are hundreds of thousands of other men such as myself who have never been successful with even a single woman. This robot that you're creating and improving upon constantly could really help the thousands of rejected men like myself (and of course women too).
Some men will use the doll/robot for purely sex. Others will buy the doll for relationships.
One thing is for certain: there is a lot of money to be made in helping improve the quality of life of others.
Please tell me your thoughts concerning the limited production of Aiko as a high-end love doll.

Sincerely,
SilverTide

SilverTi

Back to top Go down

Aiko as a Love Doll Empty Hmm...

Post  Suze Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:55 am

Hi SilverTi,
I was surprised no-one had yet brought this subject up. Though it might be a sensitive topic to discuss for some people, I think it needs to be addressed. I imagine most people will not wish to discuss experiencing emotional pleasure with such an artificially intelligent companion - but I would be willing to bet, most people seeing Aiko have wondered if she could ever be modified to service human sexual desires.

I doubt it would be safe for Aiko or any other robot to participate in any physically intimate activities with humans any time soon? From what I've read at this forum, Aiko is seriously one very HOT babe! Literally, she has a tendency to overheat and well...I dunno what overheating could do to someone in 'really close' contact with her...but it may be more hazardous than approaching a real female with PMT? Laughing

Humour aside...your post accurately highlights the immense value of basic companionship - kind greetings, considerate sugestions, someone paying attention to your conversation and responding, fulfilling basic requests happily. In those ways, I think Aiko, and others like her will bring great pleasure to many people feeling alone in life.

Good luck finding a companion.
Suze

Last edited by Suze on Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong spelling SilverTi name)
Suze
Suze

Back to top Go down

Aiko as a Love Doll Empty Re: Aiko as a Love Doll

Post  Kal-el Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:59 pm

Suze wrote:

I doubt it would be safe for Aiko or any other robot to participate in any physically intimate activities with humans any time soon? From what I've read at this forum, Aiko is seriously one very HOT babe! Literally, she has a tendency to overheat and well...I dunno what overheating could do to someone in 'really close' contact with her...but it may be more hazardous than approaching a real female with PMT? Laughing

The body of Aiko is a real sex doll bought from a real sex doll company and you know what are those dolls for ,right? I guess it can withstand any kind of physical interactions.

The heating issues will not be an issue if Lee uses other CPU(the only source of heat inside the robot), there are energy efficient CPUs from AMD and Intel which use very little power(so they dissipates less heat) and have enough processing power for the BRAINS software so this is how the heat issues will be solved.

And even if somehow the M.B brakes again because of the heat, a new M.B costs around 100$, minuscule compared to the price of the whole robot, the last M.B Lee used had CPU,SSD integrated in it so that one was very expensive but he'll not do the same mistake again to use a integrated CPU,SSD into the M.B, he'll just use a simple M.B that costs 100$ and a separate CPU and SSD.

But this is not a problem for SilverTi to be worried about because Lee will have to give him a warranty through signed contract for at least 2 years so Lee will do the repairs in case something happens but nothing will if he uses a energy efficient processor which needs low power so dissipates low heat.

I bet Lee would be very happy to make a clone of Aiko, SilverTi you'll choose her appearance from a real sex doll company,caucasian, height, etc.

Lee said on projectaiko.com website that he added sensors down there(in the artificial vagina), and the robot can mimic an orgasm....

But the B.R.A.I.N.S software will need some minor adjustments in order for it to say what SilverTi wants it to say, like "I love you", "welcome home", etc

Kal-el

Back to top Go down

Aiko as a Love Doll Empty OK now this is getting even more interesting...

Post  Suze Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:59 pm

Hiya Kal-el,

Thanks for educating me...it sounds like the overheating problem can be easily overcome with more funding and better components.

lol! No No I didn't know Aiko's lovely silicon body is a high-end sex doll. I've only ever seen those blow-up dolls on tv. I had no idea sex-dolls had advanced to this complete silicon body. This option is absolutely amazing!

Yes...I feel silly now...I should have guessed Aiko could have "intimacy options" with sensors in appropriate places huh? My son Michael is getting stomach cramps now, he's laughing so much at me! He asked me what did I think the sensors 'down-there' were for? I said I thought they had something to do with feedback of pressure when she sat down Rolling Eyes

Does this mean Aiko is in a design-field entirely on her own? Are any other robot designers working toward this intimacy-option too? As far as I can work out...no one else is pursuing this yet?

Hey SilverTi...it sounds like your wish really can come true Very Happy

Oh WOW...isn't 'someone' going to have to 'test' a 'fully-optioned' Aiko in the future then?
I wonder if that could make some money?
Sell tickets to Aiko testing...?
Just a passing thought...

Now I must get back to studying the relatively boring world of water pollution chemistry...
cheers...
Suze Smile

Last edited by Suze on Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong spelling SilverTi name)
Suze
Suze

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal-el Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:05 am

Suze wrote:
Thanks for educating me...it sounds like the overheating problem can be easily overcome with more funding and better components.

Yes.

lol! No No I didn't know Aiko's lovely silicon body is a high-end sex doll. I've only ever seen those blow-up dolls on tv. I had no idea sex-dolls had advanced to this complete silicon body. This option is absolutely amazing!

I wouldn't call some silicon over a metal frame a advanced thing.

Does this mean Aiko is in a design-field entirely on her own? Are any other robot designers working toward this intimacy-option too? As far as I can work out...no one else is pursuing this yet?

Well I guess he's just realist on who's going to buy these, men. Laughing

Now I must get back to studying the relatively boring world of water pollution chemistry...

That's not boring, you'll get to play with robotic fish like this one http://www.nowpublic.com/environment/robotic-fish-be-released-test-pollution-our-water

Kal-el

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiko Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:32 pm

Hi

Well here are some quick answers...

1) Yes, the BRAINS software can change from "No, No to Yes, yes."
2) Yumecom.... Had two meanings... Dream Computer or Dream Companion....... you do the math....
3) yes, Aiko's sister can be for human interaction and companion.
4) Heating problem should be solve in V2.
5) Future Aiko's Sister you can download the patch to change personality.... or in this case make your own personality..
(The current Aiko's have my personality....)

Very Happy
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

http://projectaiko.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SilverTi Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:09 pm

Thanks for all the replies. I'll continue my search for now, but I rest with the assurance that I'll be getting a girl in the end no matter which path my life takes.
That would be great to be able to change your own doll's personality and script lines. There might even be a like-minded community out there that will upload their doll personalities to the internet for everyone to download and try out. Once it reaches that point I'm sure that the popularity of Aiko's sisters would skyrocket.

SilverTi

Back to top Go down

Post  Konrad13 Tue May 05, 2009 3:43 am

Aiko wrote:Hi

2) Yumecom.... Had two meanings... Dream Computer or Dream Companion....... you do the math....
5) Future Aiko's Sister you can download the patch to change personality.... or in this case make your own personality..

Very Happy

Regarding a change in personality: Is it possible for a Yumecom to "develop" a personality. Let's say person A dowloads a "tsundere" personality, and never "achieves." Person B does the same in regard to downloading a "tsundere" personality, and "achieves" nightly. Both would have downloaded the same personality, but have done different things. Would the BRAINS system alter, or is it "set?"

Konrad13

Back to top Go down

Post  nalan Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:31 am

Sounds cool!Make your own personality,I hope you will succeed as soon as possible lol!
nalan
nalan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:59 am

Konrad13 wrote:
Aiko wrote:Hi

Very Happy

Regarding a change in personality: Is it possible for a Yumecom to "develop" a personality. Let's say person A dowloads a "tsundere" personality, and never "achieves." Person B does the same in regard to downloading a "tsundere" personality, and "achieves" nightly. Both would have downloaded the same personality, but have done different things. Would the BRAINS system alter, or is it "set?"

You wouldn't think that it would be too hard to incorporate that into BRAINS. I mean hell, I have a Haro 2 that can change behavior modes, and that's a fifty dollar alarm clock toy.

Back to top Go down

Aiko as a Love Doll Empty My previous post

Post  Guest Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:25 am

Hi SilverTi,
I was surprised no-one had yet brought this subject up. Though it might be a sensitive topic to discuss for some people, I think it needs to be addressed. I imagine most people will not wish to discuss experiencing emotional pleasure with such an artificially intelligent companion - but I would be willing to bet, most people seeing Aiko have wondered if she could ever be modified to service human sexual desires.

Humour aside...your post accurately highlights the immense value of basic companionship - kind greetings, considerate sugestions, someone paying attention to your conversation and responding, fulfilling basic requests happily. In those ways, I think Aiko, and others like her will bring great pleasure to many people feeling alone in life.

Good luck finding a companion.
Suze
Sure when SilverTi says it, he gets praised, but when I say it I'm publicly castrated.
I was talking about intimate relationships (both romantic and sexual) with realistic AI.
I casually mentioned I probably would feel her up at the first chance I got (not meant to be taken literally) and that translated into having sex with a fembot/yumecom, which is something I would never do! Evil or Very Mad

Incidentally SilverTi, I'm pretty much in the same boat, only I'm so afraid of rejection, I'm too afraid to even try to get a date!
I'm on an E-pal site now, and although not a real dating site, it's my hope my criteria for my ideal woman will match, and we can evolve a friendship into something more.

Back to top Go down

Post  WulfCry Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:07 pm

Guest wrote:
Sure when SilverTi says it, he gets praised, but when I say it I'm publicly castrated.
I was talking about intimate relationships (both romantic and sexual) with realistic AI.
I casually mentioned I probably would feel her up at the first chance I got (not meant to be taken literally) and that translated into having sex with a fembot/yumecom, which is something I would never do! Evil or Very Mad

Incidentally SilverTi, I'm pretty much in the same boat, only I'm so afraid of rejection, I'm too afraid to even try to get a date!
I'm on an E-pal site now, and although not a real dating site, it's my hope my criteria for my ideal woman will match, and we can evolve a friendship into something more.

I'm sorry that you feel that way guest if I knew you feld so strongly about it I've would drop the whole subject.
In anime having a relation with a robot or android seems normal enough hea? in anime everything is possible. The real world is something of an oddball with that, Cases such as silicon dolls has potentials for those who are into this. If they made these dolls with movement that industry would flourish madly. But that is pure about having sex with a robot.
If it would help that a different kind of android something that is not like these silicon dolls would help to establish an relationship and cherish those special feeling from that person to realize. Recently I've found that the university of Maastrich in the netherland researcher David Levy completed his Ph.d work on the subject of human-robot relationships covering many isseu. Google this story.

So artilect stiff up a lip don't feel bad impossible is notting every one can get a date just be bold and not shallow or picky believe me if you do or say the unexpected girls get suprised and curious at the man you are its a fase give it a chance I know what i'm talking about.

WulfCry

Back to top Go down

Post  Artilects rule! Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:47 pm

"..it's my hope my criteria for my ideal woman..."

For all you ladies out there:
Must be single without children.
White is a plus but not necessary (can't be dark black).
Interests must not include: Sports, gambling, thrill seeking, adventuring, or any kind of addiction (including heavy smoker).
Family must not be religious (meaning non orthodox).
Can't be into the occult or a "goth girl".

Yes a robotic companion would be handy here, but I'm no "robosexual".

By the way, I accept your apology (although a little late).

Artilects rule!

Back to top Go down

Aiko as a Love Doll Empty Vision rotates.

Post  WulfCry Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:46 am

As long yer happy and confident things look interesting besides its about robots.

WulfCry

Back to top Go down

Post  Konrad13 Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:23 pm

I'm not a "robosexual" either, but I have to admit a relationship with one does appear to have many perks: They like what you like, do what you say, etc. However that is also one of the major things that turn me away from an "ideal-fem-bot," in that I would like to see it have more than a paper-thin personality. This is why I am pushing for a full AI, even though current trends in science and everything point to around 2020-2030 for actual AI, barring some major breakthrough.

Konrad13

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:34 pm

Couldn't resist jocolor

Back to top Go down

Post  Konrad13 Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:02 am

Shashinka Ichiban wrote:

Couldn't resist jocolor
Greatest Futurama skit ever!

Konrad13

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:05 am

Konrad13 wrote:
Shashinka Ichiban wrote:

Couldn't resist jocolor
Greatest Futurama skit ever!

I liked the original, but when I found the anime custom, I couldn't resist.

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiko Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:08 pm

I have to admit...... it was fun watching it.
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:20 pm

v wrote:

The other approach is to clone girls and thus crash the "meat market" (by changing the economics of things: by flooding the market with young females without inlaws to "protect" them from men who want a wife). China has succeded in cloning a mouse by reprogramming a mouse skin cell, once it finds a way to clone organs the possibilty of this new ecomomy will exist.

I believe they touched upon this issue during an old episode of TNG pertaining to the legal question as to whether Data was a machine or if he had rights.

Back to top Go down

Post  nadiaff Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:51 am

I am a girl and I don't think that having a relationship with a robot is only something that men want. I very much want a male robot companion. I know a lot of girls who feel the same way and not even necessarily as a replacement for a real boyfriend. (Actually, I know some who would want a female robot companion, but that's another story.)

I think the relationship that you would have with an android would be different than the relationship you have with a real person. With another person, you really have to think about their feelings and what they want. I think that's very important and I try to do that with my friends and family. With an android, though, you could create a being that is a true reflection of your own inner world, feelings and desires. That doesn't necessarily make the relationships you have with other people less meaningful. It is simply a different kind of relationship.

I also think robot companions would be good for people who are, for one reason or another, not able to have a girlfriend or boyfriend. Why should they have to be alone just because the culture they live in values a certain kind of appearance or personality? Or there are people like me who have a very hard time feeling physical attraction towards other people. And when I have been in love, it's been awful. The feelings are too overwhelming for me to handle. It's like my brain short-circuits and I become incapable of functioning. It's almost physically painful. I have a lot of dreams and designs and I want to focus on those. That's just who I am as a person.

I'm lucky enough to have some really intimate friendships and a close relationship with my extended family, so it's not like I lack for human companionship. And it's not that I absolutely don't want a boyfriend or husband or whatever, but I would rather not have one if I can't find a man that I'm attracted to who I could have a good, supportive and healthy relationship with. If I could have a robot companion, that would pretty much fill in the only gap that exists in my life. If that dream could become a reality, I would pretty much do whatever it takes to make that happen.

Anyway, I think you'd be surprised how many girls there are out there like me. Maybe not as many as the men who'd be interested in androids, but it's still a pretty substantial number. I'm not sure if Mr. Trung would even be interested in making boy robots too since I've only seen him mention making sisters of Aiko, but perhaps he would be willing to collaborate with other technicians who are making a boy model. This is just me speculating, though, since Aiko v2 needs to be finished before anything else can really happen.

nadiaff

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiko Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:50 am

Hi

You have made some interesting point.
1) In the future maybe a male robot, but right now I can barely have enough money to build one Aiko.

2) Robot companion, you build the inner "idenity". There are about 4000 personalities you can custom data entry for the software/Aiko.
You can change it anytime or to what you want. Whereas a real personal you can not change it.
But a real person have a sould whereas a yumecom doesn't.
You can't have both worlds.
You can you pick one.... unfortuntely.
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

Back to top Go down

Aiko as a Love Doll Empty FIRST ANDROIDS

Post  ico Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:55 pm

Robot sex dolls are coming
Hi
These guys build moving, breathing and heated sex dolls:
see
http://robotgossip.blogspot.com/2005/04/robot-sex-dolls.html
http://www.first-androids.de/
http://www.first-androids.de/andy-oldweb/news.htm
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=sk&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.first-androids.de%2Fandy-oldweb%2Fhotandy.htm&sl=de&tl=en

Videos
http://www.andydroid.com/techn_eng.htm
http://www.first-androids.de/evy.htm
http://www.first-androids.org/lowi.htm
http://www.first-androids.de/neira-movie.htm

Le could build ten-times better robot dolls.
It would not be bad to concentrate on something what you can build and sell now - but I don't mean that it has to be a sex doll. Because Aiko has a long way to go to be a personal robot Sad
ico
ico

Back to top Go down

Post  Heatcorn Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:48 pm

The future android
In the future I imagine a robot companion that can clean your house,shopping,cooking,guiding you,sex,cheering,drive the car like a gf but the robot also will never betray ye,never say no,she will not addict to anything,she will learn what makes you happy best etc,like every other woman minus some things that we dont want.
And the robot will be sold for the price of a car.
Aiko's development
Now Aiko is little slow,like my computer is slow and it needs ram to operate faster,I bet with more funding Le will make Aiko Faster and maybe finish her for 10 years from now,he will put better components,even motors for the eyeballs,better movement,to move more humanly (I saw other androids that walk but they walk like toys).
Aging robot
I also saw what about if you marry for a robot,now what about we make the robot age,not so fast to age like humans.but mainly to change the face little,but body will be same! Laughing This year I saw that an Asian married his nintendo girl friend in love+,I bet if there were androids he would marry one.
Androids guiding us
We will buy androids to guide our children,how to behave,how to learn,how to be hetero and etc (1/3 of my male classmates were dumped or dont have gf and are going to the darkside Shocked , if they had an android...)
So to have an android by your side in dark times will benefit most
Robo-laws
But I dont know will the androids work for future,and also will they be so smart that they will start rebelling,now if we give an androids rights,like your pet,you must feed your pet,do no harm etc,I think same will benefit for androids,but if they behave like Aiko,no thinking only react to the current event,like you smile she smiles,she cookes something today and she know what she will cook for tomorrow,etc.

Heatcorn

Back to top Go down

Aiko as a Love Doll Empty Aiko as a love doll and then some!

Post  ImInterested Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:05 pm

I think this would be very beneficial in many ways.
First, the interaction and "affection" would be useful as stated above, regarding personalities.
Second, as a robot to perform some necessary tasks such as cleaning or cooking, assisting handicapped people, as a security system (all programmable functions come to mind here).
As a sexual surrogate etc. it would be very useful. I don't see how you couldn't consider that, unless the "No Soul" thing bothered you too much. I've had worse with certain people.
This aspect is probably what would drive the commercial development the fastest and improve the aesthetics and durability problem.
All these things are well known, but here is what I find most appealing: ALL THE ABOVE, with the ability to converse with an extremely intelligent being to hear the news, learn to do some new task (as a teacher), attend college online, pay bills, you get the idea. Imagine being able to ask (converse with) your Gynoid or Android any question, and have the wealth of information that is the internet as your library of information, all wrapped up in an attractive package that will give you your answer in a pleasant voice. THAT is what I find most appealing. Hell, I'm in!

This is my first post. I hope I did it correctly.

ImInterested

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next