Project Aiko
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Team Fuki: Pioneers in the Coding World
Why isn't this making money/being produced? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2024 3:43 pm by japlu

» introducing the cyberpunk software design pattern
Why isn't this making money/being produced? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 1:57 am by japlu

» LG book updates
Why isn't this making money/being produced? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 5:54 pm by japlu

» LivinGrimoire swift version added
Why isn't this making money/being produced? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2022 9:55 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire is now available in python as well
Why isn't this making money/being produced? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2022 9:03 am by japlu

» livingrimoire auxiliary modules
Why isn't this making money/being produced? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2022 4:51 pm by japlu

» [Python] Thinkable class
Why isn't this making money/being produced? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2022 7:11 pm by japlu

» owly check this out
Why isn't this making money/being produced? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 5:03 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire AGI
Why isn't this making money/being produced? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 4:35 pm by japlu

October 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Why isn't this making money/being produced?

+5
Suze
Aiko
Artilects rule!
WulfCry
Kal-el
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why isn't this making money/being produced? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why isn't this making money/being produced?

Post  sasha_prah Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:42 pm

If walking is such a problem, it might be reasonable to build a "tricycle" version first (use three wheels instead of legs).
This version will prove to be useful for general labor on factories (I used to work there, I know for sure), or in stores as a cashier (may be not so much, possibly with proper advertising), or even in greenhouses and farms, if her intelligence advances enough.

PS I totally consider your company for investment.

Thanks. This project is an inspiration to all of us.

sasha_prah

Back to top Go down

Why isn't this making money/being produced? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why isn't this making money/being produced?

Post  Aiko Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:26 am

"If walking is such a problem, it might be reasonable to build a "tricycle" version first (use three wheels instead of legs"

It would be weird having a robot with three legs... I might as well make it as a wheel robot. It will not fall.

Making Aiko walks with two legs is the fun part, it will be rough at first, but one step at a time.

If something is perfect, then there is nothing left for us to do. There is no room for imagination, no way to gain additional knowledge or grow. For inventors such as myself, if we make something perfect, then we have failed because it will not have created inspiration in others.
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

http://projectaiko.com

Back to top Go down

Why isn't this making money/being produced? - Page 2 Empty Some suggestions

Post  Guest Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:16 am

WulfCry wrote:I've took a look at the guidelines and, The difficulty is in the reliable sources ensuring the claim or research.
First thing the wiki starts with

" Project Aiko (Japanese: 愛子) is Canada's first functional female android and was developed by Le Trung, a chemist graduate from York University. The project is also headed by Le Trung, who has designed the software and the hardware for the android. The name, Aiko, is derived the combination of the word "Ai" love and "ko" child. Project Aiko is not to be confused with the anime Project A-ko.
".

It said Canada's first functional femal android -> Can you prove that it is.
Le Trung a chemist graduate from York University -> has Le Trung given you that information with credentials.
Where is your source that Le Trung is the solely head of this project.
Any one can make a name up from combination of meaning.
and for last there is the part "Not to be confused with the anime Project Aiko."
This is very hard to swallow for wiki thats why they want more sources which is the point of wiki's

Cnn video's wont work caus that won't gain reliability as the wiki rule's advise.

What can be done is rewriting the wiki more neutral "As if" , And if Le Trung wants to give personal information about

his Univeristy than a link can be added "only if he give's this information there is a penalty if you used it without his consent"

The project is a personal project and is so from the beginning its not from M.I.T or any other University so research papers or any

article about what could claim some advanced engineering is not reviewed or peered.

But that won't seem to be the case here also self publications is also not allowed on wiki as secondary sources or primary.

I will try to look for a wiki page that is a good example to rewrite the site more neutral without the need for secondary sources.

Although you can say not as the anime Project aiko but I don't see the point in that.
You may add other review or summarized sources but again it won't do you good for secondary's.

Who thaught writing a Wiki was so difficult.
As long as your at it, type getfirefox.com and download the American/English version of the Firefox browser.
After you post the message, click the right mouse button on any word, and left click on "Check Spelling".
All misspelled words (like thaught) will show up underlined.
Right click on the underlined word and a list of words that it could be (thought) will be marked.
If you still aren't sure which word is correct, type the word in Google (google.com).
If needed, type the word using quotation marks with surrounding text.

By the way, the line that states there is an anime named Project A-KO should also say something about the singer Aiko Moriyama (or is it Moriyama Aiko?).

Back to top Go down

Post  Artilects rule! Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:40 am

WulfCry wrote:It said Canada's first functional femal android -> Can you prove that it is.
Le Trung a chemist graduate from York University -> has Le Trung given you that information with credentials.
Where is your source that Le Trung is the solely head of this project.
Any one can make a name up from combination of meaning.
and for last there is the part "Not to be confused with the anime Project Aiko."
This is very hard to swallow for wiki thats why they want more sources which is the point of wiki's

Cnn video's wont work caus that won't gain reliability as the wiki rule's advise.

What can be done is rewriting the wiki more neutral "As if" , And if Le Trung wants to give personal information about

his Univeristy than a link can be added "only if he give's this information there is a penalty if you used it without his consent"

The project is a personal project and is so from the beginning its not from M.I.T or any other University so research papers or any

article about what could claim some advanced engineering is not reviewed or peered.

But that won't seem to be the case here also self publications is also not allowed on wiki as secondary sources or primary.

I will try to look for a wiki page that is a good example to rewrite the site more neutral without the need for secondary sources.

Although you can say not as the anime Project aiko but I don't see the point in that.
You may add other review or summarized sources but again it won't do you good for secondary's.

Who thaught writing a Wiki was so difficult. confused
http://projectaiko.com/resume.html
Yes he did gain some interest with M.I.T. (source Le Trung in forum), but this was only in a financial and promotional capacity (donating parts and supplying work environment/equipment).

Artilects rule!

Back to top Go down

Post  sasha_prah Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:17 pm

Aiko wrote:"If walking is such a problem, it might be reasonable to build a "tricycle" version first (use three wheels instead of legs"
It would be weird having a robot with three legs... I might as well make it as a wheel robot. It will not fall.
Making Aiko walks with two legs is the fun part, it will be rough at first, but one step at a time.
If something is perfect, then there is nothing left for us to do. There is no room for imagination, no way to gain additional knowledge or grow. For inventors such as myself, if we make something perfect, then we have failed because it will not have created inspiration in others.

It isn't necessary to loose the legs, on contrary. Keep the legs, but use wheels as complimentary support structure. Much like people recovering from leg injury. You wouldn't have to worry about the balance so much, and Aiko will be able to move on her own.

You can then skip the hellfire of endless trial and error for creating a perfect balance, and move straight to the more important tasks, like teaching her to cook breakfast, mop the floor, or do laundry. It is hard to even imagine how many people would want one of these, but probably quite a few. I don't think most of the consumers worry about perfection of legs, but rather have a greater desire to have their breakfast cooked, floor mopped, flowers watered, and garbage taken out... Besides, we're not trying to create something perfect.

PS I do not believe there is a limit to the perfection of robotechniques at all. Humanoid robots can be used virtually everywhere - retail, construction, farming, manufacturing, sales, name it!
It is by itself a form of life. And as a form of life it can evolve infinitely in the infinite universe.

sasha_prah

Back to top Go down

Why isn't this making money/being produced? - Page 2 Empty OS and bibepal motion

Post  Ross Fri May 08, 2009 7:04 am

Re my comments about a new operating system: I certainly wouldn’t want anyone to write one from scratch. I thought about starting with Debian and deleting irrelevant stuff. I think there is scope to define se system quite differently, but it wouldn’t include commercial software.

I have wondered if an electric wheelchair would make the android look human until biped motion is working effectively.

Re walking (aka bipedal motion). Have a look at the following. I didn’t find the exact one I was looking for, but these are quite helpful:

Ross

Ross

Back to top Go down

Why isn't this making money/being produced? - Page 2 Empty liks

Post  Ross Fri May 08, 2009 7:06 am

http:// robotics.ee.uwa.edu.au/ theses/2002-BipedSim-Boeing.pdf
http:// robotics.ee.uwa.edu.au/ theses/2003-Walking-Pickel.pdf
http:// robotics.ee.uwa.edu.au/ theses/2002-Walking-Lam.pdf

Ross

Back to top Go down

Why isn't this making money/being produced? - Page 2 Empty About the Wiki page problem

Post  WulfCry Mon May 11, 2009 4:26 pm

Dear forum aiko followers.

I noticed a gain in posting of comments about spelling.
Well I switch between two computers one using FireFox the other Explorer
Guess Wink which one gives me spelling problems....

Anyway.

Has anyone figure out who wrote that darn wikipage or not Question
So we can fix it and yes get also a few spellings right and the story behind yumecom.

The following things must be done better in what is on that page.

1) A small intercourse about Yumecom a.k.a (project Aiko) and because Yumecom is registered that name would be more prudent.
2) A content discription containing wel anything we have here at the forum such as building it and the media performance
Even where the BRAINS software is being put in action and which company has used it for there products in action.
3) Everything that the content contains to add on the wikipage.
4) Production and or receptions like use of brains at certain places aiko at mayor robot convention events etc.
5) Media showcases and such and we all know aiko has travelled very much so that counts.
6) External links and this is very important one should point out first BRAINS usage at places like i believe at Intel museum if I'm correct.
And links to sites who are dedicated to robot building on a serious degree aiko must be named as well on those sites.
Mr Le trung must make his own wikipage about himself so we can add that link on the yumecom wikipage.

So if you guys don't mind lets make preview wikipage here and let someone recreate a new wikipage or the person responsible of the
current one.

Best regards WulfCry.

Last edited by WulfCry on Mon May 11, 2009 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : All those thoughts haha)

WulfCry

Back to top Go down

Post  Kal-el Tue May 12, 2009 9:12 am

I think I'll try and make that page.

Kal-el

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 12, 2009 1:01 pm

WulfCry wrote:Dear forum aiko followers.

Anyway.

So we can fix it and yes get also a few spellings right and the story behind yumecom.

1) A small intercourse about Yumecom a.k.a (project Aiko) and because Yumecom is registered that name would be more prudent.
2) A content discription containing wel anything we have here at the forum such as building it and the media performance
Even where the BRAINS software is being put in action and which company has used it for there products in action.
4) Production and or receptions like use of brains at certain places aiko at mayor robot convention events etc.
5) Media showcases and such and we all know aiko has travelled very much so that counts.
6) External links and this is very important one should point out first BRAINS usage at places like i believe at Intel museum if I'm correct.
And links to sites who are dedicated to robot building on a serious degree aiko must be named as well on those sites.
Mr Le trung must make his own wikipage about himself so we can add that link on the yumecom wikipage.

So if you guys don't mind lets make preview wikipage here and let someone recreate a new wikipage or the person responsible of the
current one.

Best regards WulfCry.

While none of the spell checks I have on-board my Linux box picked up any errors, there are however quite a few grammatical errors. Quite honestly, I had half expected there to be quite a few Wiki violation standard's banners for notability. However as the main banner states, bit encyclopedia standards, there clearly needs to be third party references.

I'm a journalist and technical writer by trade and education, so I'll try to clean up some of the page when time permits. (Hell, I said the same thing about the PaPeRo page, and I haven't worked on it in a year) In the meantime, if anyone has some references please post them on there. The last thing I think any of us wants to see is the Aiko page merged with the Actroid or Fembot pages.

EDIT: I wrote this reply prior top reading the above thread.

Last edited by Shashinka Ichiban on Tue May 12, 2009 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just read the reply above in the thread)

Back to top Go down

Post  Discoman Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:13 pm

look at actroid, almost like aiko, but less impressive (made by a company on an unlimited budget, therefore not as impressive). rents for $3500 U.S. for a day or something like that.

also, an obstacle to commercial product is the sillicone skins on them (actroid, repliqee (did i spell that right?)) melts at the joints after about a year, and the skins are expensive to replace.
Discoman
Discoman
Admin

http://blogofthehawk.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:11 pm

Discoman wrote:look at actroid, almost like aiko, but less impressive (made by a company on an unlimited budget, therefore not as impressive). rents for $3500 U.S. for a day or something like that.

also, an obstacle to commercial product is the sillicone skins on them (actroid, repliqee (did i spell that right?)) melts at the joints after about a year, and the skins are expensive to replace.

Actroid? I assume you are referring to the Der-series by NTT? I do think from the pictures I have seen that the ointment of the skin tones on the Der look a little more realistic than Aiko, but I prefer the Aiko tech and homegrown spirit more.

Back to top Go down

Post  Discoman Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:44 pm

i completely agree. aiko is the most impressive.
Discoman
Discoman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Artilects rule! Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:02 am

Anyway.

current one.

Best regards WulfCry.
I found a Wikipedia page about the name Aiko that says she's an android.
To correct that this can be added:
Youmacon
Youmacon should not be confused with Yumecom, a type of mechanical doll first named for Aiko.

I posted this yesterday as Guest and someone deleted it.

Artilects rule!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:27 am

Artilects rule! wrote:

Anyway.

current one.

Best regards WulfCry.
I found a Wikipedia page about the name Aiko that says she's an android.
To correct that this can be added:
Youmacon
Youmacon should not be confused with Yumecom, a type of mechanical doll first named for Aiko.

I posted this yesterday as Guest and someone deleted it.

Ah, frack. I keep changing that to yumecom, and keep deleting the damn android. I thought I had registered and set that page to watch so people would stop screwing with it. wiki's not talking to me again it seems. I swear this wiki page is killing me.

Back to top Go down

Why isn't this making money/being produced? - Page 2 Empty Yumecom

Post  Guest Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:51 am

Ah, frack. I keep changing that to yumecom, and keep deleting the damn android. I thought I had registered and set that page to watch so people would stop screwing with it. wiki's not talking to me again it seems. I swear this wiki page is killing me.
By the way, is Yumecom a trademark or copyright?

People are more familiar with the term android (which wouldn't be correct anyway since she can't move on her own let alone have emotions).
Explain what a yumecom is (a robotic companion with realistic features of a human) before it's linked to "Project Aiko".
This definition can also be linked to "Animatronics" which has the same definition using digital puppetry.

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiko Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:48 am

"Brains" Software is copyright in Canada in 2008 from Canadian Intellectual Property Office as: Bio Robot Artificial Intelligence Neural System.

"Yumecom" is Trademark in Canada in April 2009 from Canadian Intellectual Property Office as: Dream computer robot.

I hope that help a bit.
Aiko
Aiko
Admin

http://projectaiko.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Artilects rule! Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:47 pm

Aiko wrote:"Brains" Software is copyright in Canada in 2008 from Canadian Intellectual Property Office as: Bio Robot Artificial Intelligence Neural System.

"Yumecom" is Trademark in Canada in April 2009 from Canadian Intellectual Property Office as: Dream computer robot.

I hope that help a bit.
Yeah thanks.

Artilects rule!

Back to top Go down

Post  guest Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:16 am

I saw mention of using 3 legs for balance and wheels. Both of which are bad ideas... Why not simply give her a walking stick? Like old people use... it isn't ideal but it would make balancing on 2 legs a hell of a lot easier...

Back to top Go down

Post  Discoman Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:34 pm

guest wrote:I saw mention of using 3 legs for balance and wheels. Both of which are bad ideas... Why not simply give her a walking stick? Like old people use... it isn't ideal but it would make balancing on 2 legs a hell of a lot easier...
a walker would be better in that aspect, as that would use both arms to support her weight, instead of just one, like a cane.
canes are used mainly by people who still have quite a bit of mobility, and the walker would allow the robot to walk-as both arms would be used, and both legs-the mechanics in the legs could be something more unnoticeable, instead of something required to move her on her own.
motors, pneumatics, etc could all be used-small ones even, that won't really be noticed.
and, if you disguise her external equipment as medical equipment, like heart recorder, oxygen cylinder, etc. you know, that kind of stuff.
then, she would look like a young woman with some problem-she's walking with a walker and has medical stuff with her.
something like that, and people might completely believe that she is human.
any merit to said idea?
Discoman
Discoman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2