Project Aiko
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» introducing the cyberpunk software design pattern
Senate Bill 964 (spying on children) EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 1:57 am by japlu

» LG book updates
Senate Bill 964 (spying on children) EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 5:54 pm by japlu

» LivinGrimoire swift version added
Senate Bill 964 (spying on children) EmptySat Jul 23, 2022 9:55 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire is now available in python as well
Senate Bill 964 (spying on children) EmptyTue May 03, 2022 9:03 am by japlu

» livingrimoire auxiliary modules
Senate Bill 964 (spying on children) EmptyMon Apr 25, 2022 4:51 pm by japlu

» [Python] Thinkable class
Senate Bill 964 (spying on children) EmptyTue Apr 05, 2022 7:11 pm by japlu

» owly check this out
Senate Bill 964 (spying on children) EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 5:03 pm by japlu

» the living grimoire AGI
Senate Bill 964 (spying on children) EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 4:35 pm by japlu

» Cherry Blossom Technology Launch!!!
Senate Bill 964 (spying on children) EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 10:42 am by BlueSodaX

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Senate Bill 964 (spying on children)

2 posters

Go down

Senate Bill 964 (spying on children) Empty Senate Bill 964 (spying on children)

Post  Artilects rule! Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:42 pm

The following news came from an article dated February 2012.
I would appreciate a speedy reply, and perhaps petition.

I know it sounds terrible, but I disagree with this, to a degree.
The bill would make it a felony for anyone to record the image of a minor in a "sexual" manner, with fines that would climb higher with each person in the video or recording (makes TSA's job tougher).
This is not how it works for adults so it shouldn't be the same with children.
First of all, the bill says "minors" not children.
This means anyone under 18, even with adult supervision and written parental consent (eg: "Blue Lagoon" with a topless 15/16 year old Brook Shields).

What if instead of the parent consenting, persuading the child to go before the camera sexually, the child consents initially, as if he or she were having a form signed for a school field trip?
Ultimately it comes down to selling pics and Web distribution which includes sexting.
There already are bills in individual states for that, how would this integrate in those laws?

I do believe it should be a crime, but not in the case of parental consent or higher fines for multiple subjects.
I also think if this goes through (punishing possession of these pics) my objections to this bill should go further, to non photographic material, citing artistic imagery and imagery in serious literary material.

This includes an image of a little girl in a super short skirt or nighty bending over to pick up something within the plot point, that has the camera showing her underwear (regularly shown in 16+ anime).
This is non explicit and is part of the story.

I was just thinking about COPA (Child Online Privacy Act).
This bill would have video voyeurs of children register as sex offenders.
It also calls for registering minors who previously got away with such an act.
This bill would not be compatible with current COPA standards which mainly concerns IP logging and tracking devices, but voyeurism shouldn't drag the child's name through the mud.
A child watching another child for personal home use, shouldn't be criminal at all, unless it gets physical without consent or is distributed to another location.

Artilects rule!

Back to top Go down

Senate Bill 964 (spying on children) Empty Re: Senate Bill 964 (spying on children)

Post  Discoman Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:59 am

If you want to petition, I suggest using a website like change.org
second, it is a U.S. senate bill, or is it one from a specific state? There are many different SB964's out, with the one from Pennsylvania dealing with cremation. Please link to the bill itself.
Discoman
Discoman
Admin

http://blogofthehawk.com

Back to top Go down

Senate Bill 964 (spying on children) Empty Re: Senate Bill 964 (spying on children)

Post  Artilects rule! Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:07 am

Discoman wrote:If you want to petition, I suggest using a website like change.org
second, it is a U.S. senate bill, or is it one from a specific state? There are many different SB964's out, with the one from Pennsylvania dealing with cremation. Please link to the bill itself.
I didn't realize it was a state bill when I read it.
I just saw it was about invading the privacy of children (in the name of security) and got really upset!
Things like mandatory (not optional) RFID tags and forced spy chip injections (or swallowed), but most upsetting is Florida's decision for 24 hour surveillance, in case of kidnappings (including spycams in bedroom).

I'll look for a link later today.
It is expected to be approved by the governor (if not already).

Actually the most disturbing fact is that little children will have to register as a sex offender for being a Curious George in Miami and lower Tampa where women are free to walk around topless wherever a man can (except in some places of business and when sunbathing).
The wording of the bill is for video voyeurism only, so what if the teen has a Webcam up on his roof and his little brother regularly watches the topless women in the adult areas?

This law was proposed in 2007 and went into affect in 2008, now they'll get backing for another 4 years.
A Major Victory in Congress: The PROTECT Our Children Act

Artilects rule!

Back to top Go down

Post  Artilects rule! Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:04 am

Discoman wrote:If you want to petition, I suggest using a website like change.org.
NO THANKS!
Did you see those terms of service and privacy policy?!

A: Redefine "Material Harmful To Minors" (work in progress).
"Harmful To Minors" excludes all exposed portions of the female breast, nipple slip, scrotum peek, and clothed erection.
B: Excludes anyone under 18 from the sex offenders registry.
C: Name and image of child must remain private, kept from media, press, court, and Internet, and must have consent of child as well as adult.
D: Cell phones, imaging devices, and other hand held or mounted video systems may not be used to embarrass or humiliate any individual or entity or taken without knowledge and consent of subject (such as reality shows), this includes terahertz and milometer scanners used on children under 12 or used without consent of adult (TSA and police pat downs must not take place under nine years old).
E: May not include RFID, GPS, or any type of geolocation in anything without knowledge or consent, nor may it be used on, around, or under the skin, implanted in the skull, injected, or swallowed under 16 years of age.
F: Arrests made under 21 (drinking age) may not receive strip or cavity searches.

I'm sorry for bothering you (this site) all the time with things I'm passionate about, but isn't that what a forum is for?

Artilects rule!

Back to top Go down

Post  Discoman Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:47 am

Artilects rule! wrote:
Discoman wrote:If you want to petition, I suggest using a website like change.org.
NO THANKS!
Did you see those terms of service and privacy policy?!

I'm sorry for bothering you (this site) all the time with things I'm passionate about, but isn't that what a forum is for?

I did not. I haven't used change.org, merely heard of it in passing.
Forums are there for discussion within the rules, and this is within the rules of this sub-board.
Discoman
Discoman
Admin

http://blogofthehawk.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down